Amart88 Posted April 16, 2013 Report Posted April 16, 2013 Just wondering if anybody had this happen before?? I was out in the truck earlier using spray foam and I had a handheld flourescent project light sitting beside be and all of a sudden I heard this loud humming/fizzling noise like someone was welding, I look over and the damn thing is glowing red through the plastic handle!!! I threw it's smoking ass out the door before it caught on fire. Scared the shit out of me lol. Was just trying to figure out what could have caused this... I may have sat on the things cord but there was no burn marks on it. Weird that it did not trip the breaker in the house... This is the one I "had" My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
SnowDrifter Posted April 17, 2013 Report Posted April 17, 2013 That is weird that it didn't trip the breaker... I can't say I've ever had that happen though. Don't fluorescents have a ballast inside them? Perhaps that got too hot/got wet/something and caused it to short out? Or maybe they don't.... In which case I don't know ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
big dee Posted April 18, 2013 Report Posted April 18, 2013 Dawn! That's freaky I've got one almost like that one an I leave it on in random places in or around my truck as I work on it. I bet I don't anymore . That badboy will be turned off when I'm not using it
iceman1575 Posted April 18, 2013 Report Posted April 18, 2013 If it's flourescent, maybe the ballast in it failed. Actually just got back a couple hours ago from a possible fire that turned out to be a burned out ballast. POTATO!
HunterJohnson Posted April 18, 2013 Report Posted April 18, 2013 I have one from the cavemen era. You screw in a 60 watt light bulb like a lamp. Works great never had that happen Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
SGT_76 Posted April 18, 2013 Report Posted April 18, 2013 I had a cheap wally-world rechargeable one go up in smoke while being charged in the house while I was at work. Got VERY lucky it didn't catch fire! Melted part of it and the charger plug. It was a gift from the Mrs so I used it to drive home my point of never buying cheap tools lol.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.