chassis ground sparks when i connect it..

ok, well if your are connecting the ground of the battery to the a secure connection on the body it's gonna spark a little right when you connect it cause you are grounding the power.

but if it's melting wires and heating stuff up then don't force it! obviously something is wrong. is there still the stock grounding wire on the car? cause the only thing i can think of is that there isn't atm. so the power wire is shorting out but you don't realize it until you connect the ground and it completes the short. double check everything!

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

ok, well if your are connecting the ground of the battery to the a secure connection on the body it's gonna spark a little right when you connect it cause you are grounding the power.

but if it's melting wires and heating stuff up then don't force it! obviously something is wrong. is there still the stock grounding wire on the car? cause the only thing i can think of is that there isn't atm. so the power wire is shorting out but you don't realize it until you connect the ground and it completes the short. double check everything!

Finally someone with some good advice. It really sounds like you are trying to connect a positive to chassis ground. As stated, double check everything. Make sure you dont have any positive bare metal touching any ground points. err on the side of caution.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

The last connection always sparks like mad.

I usually get a spark as well. Even just replacing the battery in vehicles with no system.

The last connection always sparks like mad.

I usually get a spark as well. Even just replacing the battery in vehicles with no system.

Yep. Drop the (+) connector on a 24v marine system with 200ah+ battery and watch a little arc form for a second. Still, it should be momentary and nothing should melt.

I'm gonna hate

Archived