chassis ground sparks when i connect it..

i also found I can drop a wrench quick too. Its fun getting it off the terminal thoguh.

LOL I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!

I did the same thing when I had a system set up in my house... oh just tightening the grou.... ZAP!!!

Ground wire off first... Ground wire on last..... That's the rule.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Yes you can still very easily run your system, the big 3 just allows max power/ground

Don't just spew random bullshit when you don't have a solid answer or even understand what the OP is saying. A little spark is normal..but heating up MELTING shit is NOT normal..there is a short somewhere if this is happening. And running your system without a ground. I say disconnect your ground and tell me how loud it is after...

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I would be worried if you didn't get a little spark

I get a spark with my sundown amp and I did with my audiopoop amp lol

It's normal to get a spark, but if you're melting wire and plastic in the process I would think that you either need to upgrade your wire, or somehow you are directly grounding your power wire :shrug:

You can hook up amps with no sparks..... get a 12 volt 2 prong light bulb I use ones for dome light if you hook up power first when yourr about to hook up the ground touch one prong of the light to the ground of the amp then touch the ground wire to the other prong of the light the light will light up when the light gos out the caps are charge then hook up your wire tada no spark...... I use big amps that give off big sparks so I really like the light method plus it keeps your terminals really clean with no black burn marks from the spark

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I would be worried if you didn't get a little spark

I get a spark with my sundown amp and I did with my audiopoop amp lol

It's normal to get a spark, but if you're melting wire and plastic in the process I would think that you either need to upgrade your wire, or somehow you are directly grounding your power wire :shrug:

You can hook up amps with no sparks..... get a 12 volt 2 prong light bulb I use ones for dome light if you hook up power first when yourr about to hook up the ground touch one prong of the light to the ground of the amp then touch the ground wire to the other prong of the light the light will light up when the light gos out the caps are charge then hook up your wire tada no spark...... I use big amps that give off big sparks so I really like the light method plus it keeps your terminals really clean with no black burn marks from the spark

Finally someone mentioned this. If you're doing 16k sd's the spark is pretty big and could damage the solder joints in worst case senario.

I even use that trick when I installed my saz3500's

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

would something like this work? (not the led one just a reg incandescent)

20111018094335313.jpg

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I just usually take out the fuse to my power wire before I hook an amp up..... No sparks.. Taaadaaaah! I'm magic. But op please don't hook that ground back up until you find the short, sparks are normal but melting is awful and people who can't read your whole post need a time out!

Archived