Fusing above 300a

In a perfect world, you can see that and some. Daily systems aren't perfect, no matter what you spend on them. The amp can draw that and maybe you you can build an electrical system to supply it. A lot goes on between A and B. If you are really concerned about it not holding up to the current, then get a distro block that holds 2 fuses. Run a pair of 200's and call it a day. The fuse is only there to save the car from catching fire.

Yeah, I understand that now.

Sorry for dragging that on boys.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Run it unfused! At your own risk of course =]

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Just run a 300. By the time you figure voltage drop and box rise, your amp wont pull 300a of current

This is true, but my plan is to run dual 300a alts with 4 or 5 batteries...Id like to think that the amplifier will draw close to the rating.

Lol if that is your plan for you car, and your complaining now about $17 for a 350a fuse. Just wait until you want to run all of what you just stated. You're easily looking at 2-3 grand just in those alts and batteries, and possibly another couple hundered ontop of that 2-3k for all the wiring needed to have a healthy flow of electricity throughout the car.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

To everyone that thinks doubling up fuses is the solution, I really don't think that works. To double up fuses means you have to divide the current between the two runs going to the amplifier. I'm pretty sure that electricity takes the shortest quickest route, and you cant just direct it to "split" into two fuses. If you have two different power sources maybe but coming off a buss bar as a single source I'm really really sure that wont work.

I need Tony C here.

Power takes the path of least resistance meaning that the load will spread across the two fuses as resistance on each builds. 2 150's on a run is the same as 1 300. That's why you see some inline fuse blocks with 2 or 4 mini-anl fuses. The problem comes in if you try to run 1 300 and 1 50, that won't work as it will try spreading the load evenly and pop the 50.

As King said a 300 is fine, but just wanted to help with the confusion. ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

that fuse holder runs 3 in parallel so you have the option to fuse for 360a (3x120) rather than 400a (2x200) if that makes a difference to you

06 pontiac grand prix

alpine ida x100

rf t2 comps

rf t1500, t400-2

knu 0

big 3

xs d3400

oct 11 tentatively: 2 obsidian 18 v2's

To everyone that thinks doubling up fuses is the solution, I really don't think that works. To double up fuses means you have to divide the current between the two runs going to the amplifier. I'm pretty sure that electricity takes the shortest quickest route, and you cant just direct it to "split" into two fuses. If you have two different power sources maybe but coming off a buss bar as a single source I'm really really sure that wont work.

I need Tony C here.

Power takes the path of least resistance meaning that the load will spread across the two fuses as resistance on each builds. 2 150's on a run is the same as 1 300. That's why you see some inline fuse blocks with 2 or 4 mini-anl fuses. The problem comes in if you try to run 1 300 and 1 50, that won't work as it will try spreading the load evenly and pop the 50.

As King said a 300 is fine, but just wanted to help with the confusion. ;)

I also forgot to talk about that, yes OP you can run multiple fuses to achieve certain fuse ratings you may not be able to get from a single fuse. But they all must be exactly the same fuse rating if using multiple.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Archived