Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Port area per foot


RobertR

Recommended Posts

Posted

Port area per cubic foot is just a rule of thumb anyways. You really need to be concerned about how much power area you need for your given cone area, power, and tuning

Posted

2 sa-12s at close to 2k watts. Got everything figured out except how to get three 4 inch aero's in a 16 inch tall box. how much space do I need for a 4 inch aero port? How big is the over hang on the flare?

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Posted

11-16 sq in per ft if it's slotted, 5-9 sq in per ft if it's round. the reason is b/c round ports don't have as much turbulence so they are more efficient. being a round port with flared ports is even more efficient so closer to 5 sq in per ft is just fine. 6" aeroport in 4 cubes is fine but you're over 4" so I'd run 3 4" aeroports.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

yeah I got that. My only concern now is how to get three 4 inch aero ports into a box that's only 16 inches tall. How much space do I need between each port? how far do my port tubes need to be from my subs?

images_zps36d536a1.jpg

how wide is the lip on a 4 inch aero port?

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Posted

I think it's like 2 inches

so a 4 inch aero port has a 8 inch diameter?

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Posted

I guess I wont be using flared ports.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 597 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...