RobertR Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 What is a good port area per foot number for a 4 cube aero port box? BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
Trey_Dog650 Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 12-18 sq in per foot is the rule of thumb 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
mothra Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 aero port are 5-9 sq in per cubic foot. a 4 cubic foot box will do nice with a single 6" if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
just1moreamp Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 I used 10sq in per cf --in a 3.8cf box with some sundown sa12s in it and it did fine.
RobertR Posted April 20, 2013 Author Report Posted April 20, 2013 I put everything in torres....4.73 cube gross volume, .28 displacement for subs. total volume is 4.3 cubes with a 6 inch aero port. that gives me 6.57 port area per foot. That seems a little low to me but I know nothing about aero port. if you think that will work I will run with it. I also compete if that makes any difference. car peaks at 42 hz so I will be changing the tuning when I hit the lanes. BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
RobertR Posted April 20, 2013 Author Report Posted April 20, 2013 I currently have a 4 cube slot port at 36 hz with 11.15 port area per foot and 43.5 port area. How much difference will I see in switching to an aero port set up? BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
bdog Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 1 6" for 4 cubes is not enough but two 6" would work good REP
RobertR Posted April 20, 2013 Author Report Posted April 20, 2013 two 6 inch aero's would have to be 25 inches long to hit 36 hz. I only have 20 inches to play with. is it possible to put a bend in an aero port and still be able to change the tuning when I need to? BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
RobertR Posted April 20, 2013 Author Report Posted April 20, 2013 Okay so three 4 inch aero ports at 14 inches long will get me the tuning, port area, and port area per foot that I am after. Can I get three 4 inch aero ports in a 16 in tall box? BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
Omega5002 Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 two 6 inch aero's would have to be 25 inches long to hit 36 hz. I only have 20 inches to play with. is it possible to put a bend in an aero port and still be able to change the tuning when I need to? http://www.lowes.com/pd_1822-676-6P02_0__?productId=3457774&Ntt=6%27+pvc+90+degree&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3D6%2527%2Bpvc%2B90%2Bdegree&facetInfo= 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.