1/0CCA or OFC

CCA is a waste of time IMO. Why would you purposely get something that's a poor conductor? Yeah you could get more... But that's like saying you are going to eat at taco bell every meal because it's cheaper and you can eat more. Just run OFC. Make it count.

Sorry but this kinda bugs me. Why don't just use gold then? Better conductor right?

As long as you know what you're doing with what you have there is no issue between cca or ofc.

And like I said with his short length of wire it makes no difference

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

CCA is a waste of time IMO. Why would you purposely get something that's a poor conductor? Yeah you could get more... But that's like saying you are going to eat at taco bell every meal because it's cheaper and you can eat more. Just run OFC. Make it count.

Sorry but this kinda bugs me. Why don't just use gold then? Better conductor right?

As long as you know what you're doing with what you have there is no issue between cca or ofc.

I think you mean't silver lol

Gold is a worse conductor than copper

But I do agree with your statement

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeah, it might be cheaper foor per foot. But look at it like this: Aluminum is only 60% as conductive as copper. Add in costs like fuses, holders, terminals, and anything else you might need for the extra run of wire you'd need and it ends up not being cost effective. In all honesty you could almost run 4 gauge ofc instead of 0 gauge cca.

Yeah, it might be cheaper foor per foot. But look at it like this: Aluminum is only 60% as conductive as copper. Add in costs like fuses, holders, terminals, and anything else you might need for the extra run of wire you'd need and it ends up not being cost effective. In all honesty you could almost run 4 gauge ofc instead of 0 gauge cca.
Not really its still cheaper lol. But I'm not gonna derail the thread. Switching our a 1-2 ft piece of wire is gonna fix time issue op

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

no their no different because its only like what 3-5ft long you can use that 4ga probably to 150-175amp with that length, but switching to 1/0 you should see less voltage drop.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Archived