Clean build, I just felt bad for him at the show in sac

his own doing he changed settings but everything has been gone througgh again and i personally reconed his sub

I didnt know he changed stuff, I hope to hear it at the next show.

no one did until late in the day, bill had me going through settings and we found out what happened

Tell him next time dont mess with it

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

How did you calculate how much space was needed between the subs and the headliner? I've always been curious about that

I have had conflicting stories on how the measurement is taken.

I have been told it is the center of the box to the headliner.

I have been told it is the center of the box to the plastic cap to the headliner.

I have been told it is any part of the box to the headliner

I have been told it is any part of the box to any part of the plastic.

I have also been told it is the box to the glass when the hatch is closed.

4 judges, 4 stories. I have an email into Wayne, but I doubt I get a response.

The box is built now to clear from any part of the top of the box to any part of the plastic directly above it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

How did you calculate how much space was needed between the subs and the headliner? I've always been curious about that

I have had conflicting stories on how the measurement is taken.

I have been told it is the center of the box to the headliner.

I have been told it is the center of the box to the plastic cap to the headliner.

I have been told it is any part of the box to the headliner

I have been told it is any part of the box to any part of the plastic.

I have also been told it is the box to the glass when the hatch is closed.

4 judges, 4 stories. I have an email into Wayne, but I doubt I get a response.

The box is built now to clear from any part of the top of the box to any part of the plastic directly above it.

Oh so it's more of a comp rules thing than a sound related thing?

Yes.

In all reality, the box is right about where it should be size wise. I wouldn't mind trying to get another 1.5" or so taller to see how it does. Not sure if I would see a gain in score or not though. The box sits little over 4" off the back hatch. It's a tight space regardless. if the box is taller, the port might get choked off from the height. So it might be a bunch of work for nothing.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Heard it banging Sunday .. Then I saw the air intake an u was like no way .. Had no idea it was Scott's till then .. Nice work as always I would of through 5s in there on a 9k at 16v wired to .35 but that's me lol .. Scott's not ready for that yet

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

nice install, have a cuzin with a trailblazer wanting to redo his and was thinking about batteries on side the box like that.

2006 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Limited Edition

2006 Dodge Charger SXT

Kenwood Excelon KDC - X692

Factory Boston Acustics System upgrade (7 speaker system)

2010 Chevy Tahoe LS

Pioneer AVIC - Z130

Audiopipe AP-2004

Audiopipe AP-15001D

(2 pair) Boston Acoustics PRO60SE 6.5 - changed to Polk Audio MM6501

(2) Planet Audio BB215D - changed to Lanzar Opit 1533d for now FREEBIES

Archived