the_garynator Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 Figured I'd post this up, after the death of my 12" Type R that I was running, I kept an eye out and came across a really good deal on a pair of 10" type Rs. (Link to the 6th Order build page for the 12: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160848-6th-order-bandpass-for-alpine-type-r-video-page-3) Amps: 2x APSM2000s strapped, 1ohm nominal Anyway, same goal with this box. Good response in the higher frequencies and great response down low (sub 35hz): She's a pretty big bitch...I'm 6'2" lol 143.2 or so @ 31hz at the comp the day after I got it in...I've readjusted the ports since then and it has a lot better freq. response but didn't really gain anything peak. Results: Mid 143db sealed at the dash car off @ 31hz! 141 @ 45hz iirc 137 something @ 55hz I'll get more results when I have time, haven't had a lot of time for testing. Current Build: Project Flexington: 157.6db @ 37hz Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps Old Builds:150db and HAIRTRICKs from 2x 12" Power Acoustik Mofos (6th order blow through) ;<p>Roadmaster Wagon Build - DC LVL 6 M3, Kicker Warhorse ; Godzilla swapped 240sx ; 6th Order Bandpass Alpine Type R 12 ; Fully loaded DC Level 5 18" 240sx
Quiet Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 nice Shit ton of ports for 2 subs lol 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
TheBetterMethod Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 Awesome! 2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3 The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/ 140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash! REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified
the_garynator Posted April 26, 2013 Author Report Posted April 26, 2013 nice Shit ton of ports for 2 subs lol lol, actually would have run 4 per rear chamber and at least 3 per front chamber if I wasn't trying to keep it as cheap as possible lol (already had the port flares, but only enough to do 3/2). it sounds pretty awesome, just dominates the lows. Thanks everyone for the comments! Current Build: Project Flexington: 157.6db @ 37hz Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps Old Builds:150db and HAIRTRICKs from 2x 12" Power Acoustik Mofos (6th order blow through) ;<p>Roadmaster Wagon Build - DC LVL 6 M3, Kicker Warhorse ; Godzilla swapped 240sx ; 6th Order Bandpass Alpine Type R 12 ; Fully loaded DC Level 5 18" 240sx
the_garynator Posted June 9, 2013 Author Report Posted June 9, 2013 Couple of flex Vids: Current Build: Project Flexington: 157.6db @ 37hz Parallel 6th order walk through, DC Neo Elite 18s, 4 DC 5.0ks, JY Lithium, 12 banks of XS Caps Old Builds:150db and HAIRTRICKs from 2x 12" Power Acoustik Mofos (6th order blow through) ;<p>Roadmaster Wagon Build - DC LVL 6 M3, Kicker Warhorse ; Godzilla swapped 240sx ; 6th Order Bandpass Alpine Type R 12 ; Fully loaded DC Level 5 18" 240sx
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.