TrunkMuzik Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 Looking at these two right now Anybody have a personal opinion on either sub? NOT A VS THREAD. just want to know what you think if you have owned one of them Any other subs in the $200 range I should consider? Thanks Without music, life would be an error
SnowDrifter Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 Other subs: Fi X, Obsidian audio, AQ sdc2.5(or HDC3 if you can stretch a litte)No experience with the RE but the SA is a great sub. Nothing negative to say about it ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
TrunkMuzik Posted April 26, 2013 Author Report Posted April 26, 2013 I don't think I have ever heard anything bad about Sundown SA subs. And I have heard that they can take a stupid amount of power/abuse Without music, life would be an error
SnowDrifter Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 I wouldn't say stupid amounts of power and abuse. They are a good sub, but it's not something you can throw 2-3k at. It's still a 2.5" coil ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
bighossf150 Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 I wouldn't say stupid amounts of power and abuse. They are a good sub, but it's not something you can throw 2-3k at. It's still a 2.5" coil This. People act like the sa is the better than 3" coil subs. Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
SnowDrifter Posted April 27, 2013 Report Posted April 27, 2013 Yeah. As I said above: the SA is a good sub and will perform on par with some entry level 3" subs. But it's still a $200 driver. It's no fi btl/aa mayhem that can really take some abuse. The most I'd suggest putting to it daily is around 1000-1200 watts of clean power. If you don't really know what you are doing stick with the manufacturers rating of 600 watts lol. That's not to say people haven't ran more to them. But 1k is a pretty nice power level for them IMO. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
TrunkMuzik Posted April 27, 2013 Author Report Posted April 27, 2013 Double the RMS on a daily is Stupid power to me lol I don't mess with the big expensive stuff really Most Expensive ive had is a W7. Im looking at Pheonix Gold too. I have a friend that's a distributor Without music, life would be an error
DCdakota Posted April 27, 2013 Report Posted April 27, 2013 The sundowns can take a lot of power all day with no problem and don't need a big box either, my friends mustang had 1 sa-8 with 2000 running to it in a 1 cube box and hit in the high 130s
Birdie415 Posted April 27, 2013 Report Posted April 27, 2013 I have 2 SA 12's in a sub up port back. 2 cu ft per chamber box running on a Hifonics Bruits 2400 amp running at 2 ohms. They take the power and want more. They sound great and hit very hard. I have no complaints about them. They are a great entry lvl sub.
mothra Posted April 27, 2013 Report Posted April 27, 2013 no experience with the newer RE stuff but I do like. I currently have 2 older RE SE motor with PSI recone kits and love them. I have never owned Sundown but i know ppl that have them. I'd rate them about the same but the difference will be the forum and the ppl you ask b/c the SA line is the forum boner for a lot of ppl on some forums. I really don't think you'd go wrong with either one. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.