Sundown Audio

What kind of amp to power 2 SA-12's

Stephen Dunnington

I have the sq1200d and it would be the best amp to start with if you dont have any electrical upgrades and the correct equipment to set up a larger amp properly.

edit: just saw your list and will say the sq1200 will be your best bet.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

I paid 269 for mine. Amp kit cost 40. So total of 309. His budget was 300-350 right?

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

The SQ1200 is a great amp, but you'll gain the most when you build a proper box for those SA's.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

The SQ1200 is a great amp, but you'll gain the most when you build a proper box for those SA's.

Any idea on how I can calcuate the perfect box? I can't go much bigger than what I already have. About an extra 3 inches in width, 5 inches in height, and plenty of length. Should I just build a box that is larger in length? This would also be my first box build

Here is the amp: http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html just buy it directly from them will be your best option.

if you can post up the MAX dimensions you have, I or someone else on here can design you a box that will work the best. Some guys will charge you, some won't. I dont charge and I know for a fact JoeX does not either.

Any idea on how I can calculate the perfect box? I can't go much bigger than what I already have. About an extra 3 inches in width, 5 inches in height, and plenty of length. Should I just build a box that is larger in length? This would also be my first box build

Post a thread in the subwoofer/enclosure section. Make sure you have max dimensions, what you want it tuned too/what music you play, and what amp you are going to pick for it with the wiring option picked. Such as 0.5-ohm (not advised without strong electrical, because damage caused by this isn't covered by most warrenties), 1-ohm, or 2-ohm.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived