Tony Question about using the dd-1 on a certain amp

ive been looking at the mmats proaudio m3000.1d http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/pdfs/2009%20Manuals/M3000.05D%20&%20M3000.1D.htm and the thd is 3% which im assuming is at rated power. ( trying to think how to ask the question ) If i used the dd-1 is what it detects and that t.h.d the same thing.? so setting gain with the dd-1 the rated output wouldn't be achieved ? not sure if i worded that right hope you get the idea of what im trying to say

Alot of amps dont do rated power, and some do more then rated, i cant say for your amp but my guess is no, you wont be getting rated. but with the dd1 at least what you are getting is clean :)

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

well i know alot of amps don't do rated but if the amp does rated at 3% thd and the dd-1 sets it at 1% then what would be the best thing to do and... most amps rate there amps at 1% thd so them rating them at 3% wasn't expecting to be as clean as an amp that was ... have not bought the amp just always wanted one especially now that you can get them powder coated

The dd-1 detects a tone at 1% THD to set your gain overlap.

Simple answer is treat it like normal. There is no difference. Long answer.... Meh... Too lazy tonight. I'll type it out tomorrow if you really want to know

Why not use the -10 or -15db test tone instead of 0. I used 0 on my amp, but because I am overpowering my subs already. I'm not too worried about every last bit of power. I don't know how you could figure out how much distortion percentage wise you would actually be allowing with the other tones though. You ahv ea good question my friend, I'm definitely in for a long answer/explanation.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.