Second Skin Audio

box build for 15 inch kicker L7

i was hitting good in the 29-39 40+ and 26- no good play mostly decaf and if not its other chopped n screwed stuff but when i switch to a radio song or something higher it isnt as hard

last time i use a 1.25 extension instead of 2 was thinking of going to 2 inch now but im going the wrong way i guess

i was hitting good in the 29-39 40+ and 26- no good play mostly decaf and if not its other chopped n screwed stuff but when i switch to a radio song or something higher it isnt as hard

last time i use a 1.25 extension instead of 2 was thinking of going to 2 inch now but im going the wrong way i guess

You can do this slight mod:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.6 Hz

Vb = 4.5 ft^3

External Height = 17 in

External Width = 31.5 in

External Depth = 24 in

Port Width = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/4 x 15 1/2

Front Internal = 25 1/4 x 15 1/2

Back = 31 1/2 x 15 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 22 1/2 x 15 1/2

Side 2 = 23 1/4 x 15 1/2

Top & Bottom = 31 1/2 x 24

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 18 1/2 x 15 1/2

L715SFPF.jpg

Note: there's no extension and the port is slightly wider.

You can do this slight mod:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.6 Hz

Vb = 4.5 ft^3

External Height = 17 in

External Width = 31.5 in

External Depth = 24 in

Port Width = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/4 x 15 1/2

Front Internal = 25 1/4 x 15 1/2

Back = 31 1/2 x 15 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 22 1/2 x 15 1/2

Side 2 = 23 1/4 x 15 1/2

Top & Bottom = 31 1/2 x 24

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 18 1/2 x 15 1/2

L715SFPF.jpg

Note: there's no extension and the port is slightly wider.

oh and thanks joe x you are so helpful every box i have built have been from your plans and they all sound great. building the new box for 2 sundown e8v3s that you designed from some other guy on here

yea im rebuilding a joe box because it worked well but sorry it was to big reed i gotta slide my floor panel out and get this in then wedge it back under the box once its in but t least no one can snatch n run with it

so all you changed was port width and no L extension? i have it cut up and half way built with 45s this time i left out last time have back side and bottom so can still modify the front n port peices

Yes, the baffle walls would need to be cut 1/4" more than before as you have done and there would be no extension as you say, ALSO the port wall will needs to be reduced a bit.

These changes will tune you about 1.5 Hz up. it's a very slight change to balance bass a little. The 45 inside the port should be done in a way that the port width stays the same as in the rest of the port, that is 4", here is a pic to take a look:

turn.jpg

The 45 on the opposite side can stay the same size as you did before.

almost finished letting some stuff dry before i put the top and then cut the sub hole

since ive made this box (kinda) before i decided to try to make this a little nicer with the 45s i skipped and painting the port before i assemble it with a roller rather than a whole can of black spray paint that still showed wood thru

downsized_0510031808_zps9323824d.jpg

Archived