Sundown Audio

Gain matching 2 different amps?

BFF Larry

As said before I wouldn't try to gain match them. Plus the need for master/slave isn't needed when you have a cc-1 to do gain matching with. All the master/slave case does is perform the matching for you, thats it. I would not try running them on a system that is gain matched as you will have different qualities in parts that will cause variations in the signal. Like they may have nearly the same board but maybe one has a higher capacity capacitor (that sounds dumb saying it like that lol) and the other may have ones that don't have as much capacitance and it will skew the output of the amps when used together.

ah, okay, so i should get the same amp?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

As said before, just because they look the same doesnt mean that the parts are the same. Think about it like a set of twins, just because they were born at the same time doesnt mean that all of their parts are the exact same.

I would either find a second cactus, or sell the one you have and get a pair of matching amps.

Again just like Cody said, either get another matching cactus or sell for another brand *cough cough DC cough cough* with matching amps.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

okay , thanks guys.

i will keep searching for alittle more but i will most likely sell this amp

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

No problem man. It never hurts to ask something before you go and do it and risk blowing up an amp in the process. Its only the stupid questions that deserve a crack to the face. lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

No problem man. It never hurts to ask something before you go and do it and risk blowing up an amp in the process. Its only the stupid questions that deserve a crack to the face. lol.

i had a feeling it wasnt going to work, i just kept getting offers on facebook on dc 12ks, lanzar opti12ks and a couple other amps, so i wanted to see if my gut was right or not.

thanks for helping!

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

• 3 weeks later...

Archived