MOTORCYCLE GUYS! NEED BIKE RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!!!!!

Im another suzuki fan and i really like the older ones the 70's& 80's gs bikes are dead reliable and easy to maintain. They can go 100,000 miles without major work if properly maintained and can also be monsters with the right set of mods.i have a 79' gs1000r that im restoring in the garage. My daily ( and i mean daily rode it every single day for four years, rain sleet and snow.) Is a 92 gsx1100g shaft drive. It is lightly moded, it will keep up with modern busa's and zx12r's. Im currently in the process of building a custom body kit for it and fresh paint. Just got the seat back from the uhpulsterer. Orange and carbon fiber. It will be sick!!!. Sorry got off on a tangent. You cant go wrong with suzuki. Btw iv been riding so long my insurance is 76 dollars a year. But it didnt start like that so you better get a quote.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

While I would like to start off small then switch, the hassle and possibility of losing money isn't worth it to me. I've been riding a pretty heavy harley for a practice bike and I've never dropped it or laid it down, and to be honest I don't plan on going fast on it. It really just to save me time and gas from home to school. I've known too many people who have been killed speeding on a bike to really want to go fast all the time. But from time to time on the freeway or the open highways in the back streets I would like the ABILITY to open it up if I want, thats why I'm lookin at a 600 series. Also Insurance isn't a problem, I've got the good student discount and I don't have any accidents, just one speeding ticket from Nov, 2011 that I did traffic school for but those bullshitters never fixed it on my insurance so I need to go back to the damn court.

Overall I like bikes with more fairing on them, not bare like most of the ducati monsters seem to be. I heard CBR's are really comfy? anyone know about that?

Riding a Harley and riding a sport bike are way different. If you say your not interested in going fast except for once in a while i would recommend a ninja 500 or 650 both will do over 100 easily and would be a good bike for you and they also hold their value. I bought a 500 rode it for 2 years then sold it for what I paid for it. As for 600 class bikes I think you really have no idea how fast and they are the new gsxr 600 will do 160+. As far as you not dropping a bike yet don't assume that means you won't all it will take is for you to accidentally twitch the throttle on a 600 and game over.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just because you haven't dropped it doesn't mean you won't. Once you get into a comfort zone that's when you'll let your guard down and make mistakes. It's easy to say you'll be a good, tame rider but once you start getting the hang of it that's not always true. Just make sure to get the proper gear..and have you even looked at insurance quotes yet? My 250 was only $25/mo full coverage, my 600 jumped up to nearly $95/mo and I have nothing on my record. I'd recommend something cheap and older to start on but you're ultimately going to do what you want to. A ninja 500,hondas new 500 (not sure when they'll be available, haven't looked) or ninja 650 would all be a good bike to start with, a lot more forgiving so you can actually get better without worrying about grabbing too much throttle/brakes in a panic situation and dumping it.

If youre not intrested in fast why go any bigger than the small ninjas? Perfectly capable of highway speeds, the new ones dont look bad at all, and resell value on a starter ninja isnt lower by much if any and the demand for them is high. Start small and learn, a harley and a sportbike are not even comparable. Like comparing a hummer with a smart car. It takes fractions of seconds to jump 10-15 mph and 1/16th turn increments on a sportbike

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I know they're not the same, I was just saying that so far so good. Also, I'm not just grabbing my license and getting on, I'm signed up for a 3 week advanced riders course where you bring your own sportbike and they'll teach you how to do all the more complex stuff and how to handle emergency situations. I want a 600 because yes, I am DEFINITELY in this bike for the looks of it, and I'm pretty particular about it so thats why most of the smaller ones aren't my style. but I'll admit the new 300's look good.

Insurance isn't an issue, any bike will be cheaper once we take my other car off, probably by $100 or more even. I just want something new-ish, not a bunch of miles on it, something that looks damn good, and that can go fast when I want it to.

I'm liking the R6, R1, CBR 600RR, ZX-10r, ZX-6r, ninja 650r, gsxr 600 mostly so far, usually the '06-'13 models, as far as looks go. Also the '03 ducati 749

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Taking courses are good but it's nothing like real world experience. But you're already set on a newer supersport so good luck to you.

Understood. And thanks.

for my real-world I'll just watch red-asphalt and any given sunday all time time lol

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived