From the alt or batt???

Quick question. Getting ready to run my 1/0 to the trunk and wanted some opinions on where to run it from....the alt or my batt? Stock alt and batt. Putting 2 deep cycle batts in the trunk and just wanna know what you guys think is the best way to run it. I'm thinking from my batt but...anyways....have at it!!!

Thanks.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

I would run it from the front batt. Make sure to fuse as close to each battery as possible. It would be good to do the big 3 if it isn't already done

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

That's what I thought. Thanks. But 2 fuses? Ok....back to the online shopping cart I guess lol. Just got my order from last week...reducers, holder and fuses. Oh well.

Back to fuses tho...just 2? One next to my batt under the hood (obviously) and just one BEFORE my bank of 2? None from the batts to amps??????????

Sorry.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!! Lol

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Think of it this way, your power wire shorts out around the b-pillar of your car. You only have a fuse next to your front batt, not the rear. The fuse next to your front battery will pop pretty quickly once the power wire grounds out. Well there was no fuse on your rear batt, so the wire continues to ground out due to your rear battery still being connected to the wire. Then BOOM car fire.

You fuse to protect the wire, which in return will protect your car/equipment

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I vote alt. Since that is what your system is ultimately powered by - you have 1 less connection for the current to go through. Unless you are pulling more from the battery than what the alt can put out. EX: 100 amp alt, 220 amp draw. Your front batt will need to supply 120a, which is more than the alt can supply.

But I doubt that is you. So I say from the alt. It's the most efficient means of electrical transfer - the power that comes from the largest supply has to go through the least number of electrical connections.

This isn't a HUGE system. 2-15s. Skar ivx. Gonna be running an 800.1 and an 85.4

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

I vote alt. Since that is what your system is ultimately powered by - you have 1 less connection for the current to go through. Unless you are pulling more from the battery than what the alt can put out. EX: 100 amp alt, 220 amp draw. Your front batt will need to supply 120a, which is more than the alt can supply.

But I doubt that is you. So I say from the alt. It's the most efficient means of electrical transfer - the power that comes from the largest supply has to go through the least number of electrical connections.

If he has his big 3 done, there will be very little to no difference, unless his connections aren't up to par.

Just going from the rear bat to alt would almost nullify the + run of the big 3.

Archived