Need People With Experience On Nitrous Motors

Make sure you've got forged flat tops. Don't skimp on hardware either, use someone like ARP. You also want to be looking at a beefy ass crank. Steel is heavy, but it's damn strong. You also need to make sure the motor is balanced at a shop, as tolerances with forced induction need to be VERY tight and in spec. The weakest link will always be where the motor fails, so do your BEST to make sure there aren't any.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

My brother is currently building his 434ci small block chevy for his Monte Carlo, it's a drag car, fully built, and he wanted me to ask what brands you guys have used on strictly nitrous motors, and what you'd recommend, he's gonna be running a 200 shot of nitrous for 2 separate stages, flat top pistons, low compression motor, dart block.

Fastlane, NX Express, NOS. All of them have multiple stage plates, and foggers. All of them are proven. For his app. I'd stay away from Zex.

Not sure what the pin height is on a 434 Chevy, but the builder can order the pistons with lowered ring landings to help protect the top ring some. JE Pistons with Hellfire rings is a solid package.

• 2 weeks later...

Induction Solutions, hands down. Call Steve and he will set you up with a kit and several tune ups for the nitrous, they will also convert or install, flow and set up any nitrous kit you have on any kind of intake manifold.....He is one of the top 5 in the nitrous bizzz...!!!

• 1 month later...

Why are you trying to run "low compression" on a n/a-nitrous motor. Even if its pump gas I would run 11-1..but look to Wilson manifolds for some kickass nitrous plenums and systems. they really are tops in the field.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

i run, well used to run, a 200 shot on a '00 Ford Focus ZX3. obviously how I got my sn. I have ran Nitrous Express and Zex. I have driven cars with Nitrous Works, NOS, Wizards of Nitrous. NOS is obviously the oldest company but there Sniper and Fogger kits are the better kits they have. I loved my Nitrous Express kit, it was a Direct port kit for a 200 shot but a guy made me an offer that I really couldn't refuse. I have ran my Zex kit for nearly 5 years now. This is by far my favorite due to it's easy set up with there built in TPS trigger. It's a single wet nozzle, I dyno'd it with the 200 shot and actually got just over 170hp @ the wheels with the recommended jets, I changed the jets to get the magical 200hp @ the wheels from the spray. needless to say I don't use that 200 shot any more, I am now down to a modest 125 shot. only reason I did this is b/c I blew my head gasket 3 times and i'd need to change my spark plugs after every bottle. it just got too expensive for me. if this is a track car Nitrous is awesome, but if it ever hits the streets on a regular basis than I'd go with a turbo. I am actually making the jump to a turbo kit and I'll be making around the same power I was with the 200 shot and I wont have to refill the bottle every week.

bullshit you ran a 200 on a stock 4 cyl, that big of a shot would grenade that focus' engine on the first hit

to the op, get a direct port set up from nitrous outlet, but for a strip only car a 200 is pretty small, I ran a 100 on a stock ls1 with just a plug swap and planned on running a direct port 200 shot on the stock bottom end but I had some issues with the car and had to sell it when my wife lost her job at the time

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

• 2 weeks later...

i run, well used to run, a 200 shot on a '00 Ford Focus ZX3. obviously how I got my sn. I have ran Nitrous Express and Zex. I have driven cars with Nitrous Works, NOS, Wizards of Nitrous. NOS is obviously the oldest company but there Sniper and Fogger kits are the better kits they have. I loved my Nitrous Express kit, it was a Direct port kit for a 200 shot but a guy made me an offer that I really couldn't refuse. I have ran my Zex kit for nearly 5 years now. This is by far my favorite due to it's easy set up with there built in TPS trigger. It's a single wet nozzle, I dyno'd it with the 200 shot and actually got just over 170hp @ the wheels with the recommended jets, I changed the jets to get the magical 200hp @ the wheels from the spray. needless to say I don't use that 200 shot any more, I am now down to a modest 125 shot. only reason I did this is b/c I blew my head gasket 3 times and i'd need to change my spark plugs after every bottle. it just got too expensive for me. if this is a track car Nitrous is awesome, but if it ever hits the streets on a regular basis than I'd go with a turbo. I am actually making the jump to a turbo kit and I'll be making around the same power I was with the 200 shot and I wont have to refill the bottle every week.

bullshit you ran a 200 on a stock 4 cyl, that big of a shot would grenade that focus' engine on the first hit

to the op, get a direct port set up from nitrous outlet, but for a strip only car a 200 is pretty small, I ran a 100 on a stock ls1 with just a plug swap and planned on running a direct port 200 shot on the stock bottom end but I had some issues with the car and had to sell it when my wife lost her job at the time

never said my motor was stock, nothing in my post indicates that anything was stock on my car

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

• 2 months later...

NX EXPRESS is closest to advertised power ratings . Most other manufacturers fatten up the fuel to keep thing on safe side . I would pull about 1 degree of timing per 50 hp unless running race fuel . Comp ratio and that doesn't matter . Make sure you test fuel system under load as in remove your plate and turn on system into a bucket and make sur fuel preasure does not drop under use. Wet systems are more powerful dry sys are safer . I am a big nitrous pro mod guy and have had great success . I'm me if need any other advice as in setting up and proper tune.

Archived