holy voltage drop Batman!

So I've got a 98 Camaro with stock electrical for the most part. About to do the big 3. I'm running an audioque 1200 and a Rockford 300/4 for mids nd highs. My voltage isn't dropping much at the battery but back at the amp i'm dipping to mid 9s... I have 1 run of 4 gauge and 8 gauge for the other amp.

I'm trying to not run a 2nd battery to keep weight down. What are my options? Ive always read how horrible caps are so i'm not sure what to do.

Help me save my amps please!

If you are seeing lots of voltage drop at the amp, but not at the battery - you have either a loose connection, bad ground, or partially blown fuse. Or you are using 14ga for power wire lol

its the wires run some 1/0 should see a different I did mine went from 9v to 11v now thats with 1/0 all the way and big 3 done on a stock 90alt

the amp is a oldert1000bd this thing is power hungry.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Ideally an XS power one, if you budget allows

I was going to try a red top optima because I can warranty one from another car. But ill check them out. No problems with running one of those only under my hood?

optimas are horrible. if you have an unlimited lifetime warranty then i guess thats fine, but i'd be against running them.

I was going to try a red top optima because I can warranty one from another car. But ill check them out. No problems with running one of those only under my hood?

optimas are horrible. if you have an unlimited lifetime warranty then i guess thats fine, but i'd be against running them.

the 2012 lightweight bassboxing champion was running optimas on a single DC 270, 20k with no issues. The batts were beat to all hell too.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived