New Tenney HO Alt Problems

Youve got the warranty put it to use. Make tenney sove the issue. Id be very upset if I were you though. Not only did you get a bunk alt but now youlk probably have to replace that roasted battery too. Not as cheap once you factor that in. Just curious why werent you monitoring voltage after install.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I know one person personally that is happy with his.... he is only happy with it because of that lifetime warranty, due to the fact that he had to have it sent back 3 times in order to make it fit and charge like it should.

I hit them up on Facebook, on their wall, so the public could see it. Asked for a quote on an alt, got a reply from them within minutes saying they can make a 280a that will bolt on directly, no mods necessary, for less than $300. I replied asking about making the purchase and how to go about completing the purchase. Didn't get a response.

Went back and checked the wall post that I made about it, and it wasn't there anymore. Sent a pm about it, got blocked. They jumped on the guarantee of making my alt before they actually guaranteed they could make it. Not my kind of company to do business with.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

All I ever hear is people having problems with them. I'd save a but more and get a better alt from dc power, mechman, or singer.

Hmm I guess at the time I should've asked on here about tenney. On CACO I found this thread just a lil bit ago started by a local basshead I heard good things from tenney about. So far reading I see some have had problems but they send it in and get a great product overall.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/general-car-audio-discussion-questions/131887-tenney-alts.html

Youve got the warranty put it to use. Make tenney sove the issue. Id be very upset if I were you though. Not only did you get a bunk alt but now youlk probably have to replace that roasted battery too. Not as cheap once you factor that in. Just curious why werent you monitoring voltage after install.

Don't get me wrong I am mad about the alt not working right. However, I so far like I said have had great customer service and am willing to stay calm. I've had problems in car audio and have gotten way more pissed at those times.

The battery so far is not showing signs of death and also the voltage on the alt was checked and at idle it reads 13.9 and when rpms increase it goes to 14.2.

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

i hope his customer service is still good if you're in the middle of nowhere with an alt that has flames coming out of it.

Lol This is why i'm glad i'm running dual alts. If one goes i've got a backup to get me home on and I always bring my tool bag with me.

Lol good idea on the dual alts. At least you won't be stranded and not running off of battery power only on the way home ;)

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Lol good idea on the dual alts. At least you won't be stranded and not running off of battery power only on the way home ;)

My truck is used as a family coach so filling the back up with batts wasn't a option so dual alts was my option I decided. My first HO alt is probably a brand no one on here knows or has heard of either but it's ratings are awesome for a 300amp HO Alt by Quality Power. Here's a pic of the alts side by side:

esa9e3a7.jpg

Archived