Second Skin Audio

Need new box plans

edit:Now looking to build a box for 4 12s in a Chrysler 300c see latest post

__

So a guy heard my box i just built and even tho its mostly the sub and amp and box all in one that makes it good it sold him on wanting me to make him one he has 2 12 audiobahn idk what kind the basic black ones that say audiobahn with the slash under it in purple they are in a broken sealed box right now wanting to go center shared port what size do these need haven't seen these subs in 10 years

Depends on how much air space they need and can displace i would go to audiobahns website and look up the the sub specs. they tend to give box recomendations if you download a pdf manual

Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166486-alexs-02-intrepid-budget-build/

2 12" SKAR Audio VVXv2 d4 @ 1ohm

vvme qa-d1500

Pioneer Head unit deh-8400bh

2 Kenwood KFC-1693PS 3-Way 6.5"

2 stock sail speakers/tweeters (Infinity premium stock)

Polk Audio DB351 3.5" (upgraded from a factory 2.75" speaker or something weird like that dremeled to fit)

2 Sony Xplod XS-R6944 6" x 9" 4-Way's

yea i didnt measure it yet but the box he had was facing forward and split open on one side but it was very shallow and id say 28-30 inches wide has some room to go a bit wider and just a little deeper on the ported should be fine maybe a 3inch opening port? 1.5 each side

Can't really go wrong with what he suggested above. 2.5-3.5 cubes tuned somewhere 30-35Hz range with the port to accomodate. 1.5 each side though? I thought you were wanting a shared center port? Or are you talking about where the port splits in the back?

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Infos on many older subs are still available, if you have the model number I guess something can be done, anyways if they are very old it's risky to push them a lot, I guess it's better to get some current inexpensive subs like Sundown Es and go from there.

i dont really even knnow the guy its a friend of a friend who just got these subs he couldnt even name from the opawn shop and it had a broken box while i was showing my friend the box i built this week he called his friend over to look too so he offered a good price i couldnt pass up

Archived