Second Skin Audio

Just Got My Woofers What Next?

I Just got the ca clue for my dustcaps and now i finally have 2 working XXX 15s. I jacked my friends sealed box he built for his XXX 15 in a trunk and due to size i have it facing up at an angle. It sounds loud as fuck even running at 1kw and actually keeps up to techno as compared to the ported box i had before (made for an MT so the bar wasnt set high) Anyway i sorta have 2 options interms of a box for me. I can either Try a T-line for a single 15 running off 1kw (only issues are size because its a 32" box and the top of my trunk is only 31"... i sorta want to see if a shitload of sanding may work to give me the angle i need and how well it may work for the XXX because it was designed by Team toxic bass for an RE SE or something like that) Or have 2 woofers in a sealed box off 3kw?

Some things im also considering when making the decision... which one would have the best sq? which one would be loudest? and if my electrical can handle 3kw right now?

So which one? Single 15 in a T-line off 1kw or Dual 15s in a sealed box off 3kw?

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

actually a transmission line will be alot more forgiving on electrical due to the mechanical properties of the box, in correspondance to the electrical properties of the subwoofer

can run the sub at a higher impedance, and even if it was 500 watts, or 3000 watts, the electrical system would hold up great

Reason why I love transmissions is the fact the subs have almost no restricsions in the back wave, so it doesnt haunt your charging, lights dimming, ect

If done right

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well im not really concerned about building it because i wouldnt be doing it anyway... the box builder at the shop would be doing either box i would just have him make me a whatever i decide along with the tons of 12 t-lines hes going to be building

and the lowest power i can run a single sub at is 1kw unless i use a different amp but im not having any electrical issues right now and its running off 1kw. Oddly enough thou when i had a single 8" running bridged (at 2 ohm) off my 801x there was more dimming then the T30001bd off 1kw. I wonder if its because the amp is only supposed to be at 4 ohm bridged?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

both are fosgate amps... one is an 03 class A/B and the other is an 05 class D