Sundown Audio

Running at .5

thefourth

To be honest its a waste to wire that low on that small of a amp, Any increase in the 300-600 watt range you won't hear a audible difference.

This, and that.... yes, and yep....with a yup in there.

Truly, unless your a tenth away, from a wanted goal... you wont even notice bro, and, youll just have negatives (pro and con wise) doing so.

Just get a bigger amp if your looking for a bigger increase. Sorry to burst any bubbles...

Those amps run pretty warm at 1 ohm anyway. Running at .5 they would get HOT HOT HOT

The classical answer is "if you have to ask" to this theme. By the way don´t burn your BRZ amp, there sold out only a vew new are on the market. You can get a good money of them,

BRZ line is well known.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I say just get a bigger amp and run it at 1 ohm instead

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i wasn't looking to gain from it. Just wanted to get some info on weather or not it could be done in a somewhat safe manner. However, if there's more cons than anything I'm going to hold off.

Thanks for the responses fellas cheers!

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

i wasn't looking to gain from it. Just wanted to get some info on weather or not it could be done in a somewhat safe manner. However, if there's more cons than anything I'm going to hold off.

Thanks for the responses fellas cheers!

Good boy. No harm in asking, and seeing. And, i commend you on your choice. :drinks:

The amp is not designed to run at 1-Ohm and I'm sure you are aware.

If you want to know how long it will last...there is no certain answer and there are many variables beyond your concern about voltage.

It may last years, it may stop working in a day or two.

Not designed to run at 1 ohm?

Then why you guys rate it at 1 ohm lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

:popcorn:

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I feel like John is talking about 1ohm reactive.

Not nominal...

Then that begs the question: Why design an amp that depends on box rise to keep it safe? Why not rate it at 2 ohms?

Archived