Headed to bed, I will check back here tomorrow. I appreciate the criticisms though because I am new to this with music, although I have mastered strictly vocals for the past 12 years. Haven't played with full range music until now, so I am open to advice, and is why I am asking what you guys think. As with anything for me, criticism is my fuel, and I will not stop until I get it right, lol.

Let me know specifics please though.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Really? Which song/s?

All of them weren't clipped when I started, I only mention that I am surprised at how many are/were. When working with the project files, everything was kept well below the point of clipping and distortion. Visually looking at the wave forms, the peaks are smooth, so I really don't know.

Any advice? Is it the highs, mids or lows that you hear clipping?

You have the project files?

Well I did the vid 2 mp3 in highest quality possible for Chevy Ridin High and compared it to the regular version, watching the wave forms in WMP. There was some clipping in the original, nothing too bad honestly, but you have cleaned it up only thing is you can tell the high freqs just aren't as loud and sound really compressed I guess you could say. Takes away from the music IMO

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

You guys smell that!!!?? Ummm, ahh I know, clipped music!

Sorry but I played your music, not full tilt and I can tell its a no no..

Are you gonna tell me which one you think is clipped? Or...?

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Really? Which song/s?

All of them weren't clipped when I started, I only mention that I am surprised at how many are/were. When working with the project files, everything was kept well below the point of clipping and distortion. Visually looking at the wave forms, the peaks are smooth, so I really don't know.

Any advice? Is it the highs, mids or lows that you hear clipping?

You have the project files?

I do not. I can re-create them by basically just re-importing the song though if you want to check something out. Let me know.

~Henry David Thoreau

Well I did the vid 2 mp3 in highest quality possible for Chevy Ridin High and compared it to the regular version, watching the wave forms in WMP. There was some clipping in the original, nothing too bad honestly, but you have cleaned it up only thing is you can tell the high freqs just aren't as loud and sound really compressed I guess you could say. Takes away from the music IMO

Thanks for taking the time to do a comparison like that. Appreciate it. The level of <100Hz to >100Hz was adjusted a bit so that is a fair assessment. When I am in the studio tomorrow, I'm going to try running the >100Hz range through a quadraverb to see if I can re-brighten up the mids and highs.

~Henry David Thoreau

What program do you use to "remaster"

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

What program do you use to "remaster"

Software, Audacity. Hardware, a few, but only messing around with a quadraverb for now.

I ran Chevy Ridin High through the quadraverb with a profile that I created and a loopback to my laptop into Audacity, tell me what you think.

I use a sample rate of 96k Hz, but unfortunately, flash playback is limited to 41,000 Hz, so a youtube stream won't sound the exact same as the unadulterated mp3, but hopefully you can hear the difference.

I am able to re-shape clipped peaks with Audacity, especially on the low end. The highs (cymbol crashes, etc) can sound "raspy" if that makes any sense, unless I use some external hardware signal processing. It could be, and I suspect it's a limitation of my computers sound card, not Audacity. That DSP version sounds excellent in my car IF I have my car's DSP disabled and equalizer flatlined. In a pair of AKG headphones, it sounds brighter. Cheap panasonic headphones, highs are too bright. I let my bro listen to it and it sounds good on his Razar electras. A Sony home theater system, it sounds great IF I have all the SRS processing disabled...

Trying different things to get a system down for the rest of my music, although I'm sure there won't be 1 profile that applies to all.

~Henry David Thoreau

This is copyrighted music and we no longer allow boosted/altered music to be shared here

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived