Plasma TV PSU needing a re-cap.... Quick Question

For caps you might want to try Mouser

But if those aren't the issue.... I'm not sure what to say.

What's wrong with the tv? Doesn't power on or something?

wow, is it SO HARD for people to read an actual thread (or replies in a thread) Dont worry about it man, your reply in this thread is as helpful as the other guy telling me to move my tv to somewhere else to fix interference :rolleyes:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

wow, is it SO HARD for people to read an actual thread (or replies in a thread) Dont worry about it man, your reply in this thread is as helpful as the other guy telling me to move my tv to somewhere else to fix interference :rolleyes:

I read it. Hence the second line haha

They have LOTS of other electronic parts. So if something else needs replacing, you can probably find it there. You might save a couple bucks over having to replace the entire power supply

another update:

Upon watching further youtube vids about this issue i learned that the first step BEFORE changing PSU is to check out the setpots that are adjustable for voltage settings for the 2 *MAIN* rails that are in direct relation to my SNOW issue... I took pictures of the factory sticker that states what the voltages should be, and pictures of the setpots that can be adjusted, but my question is this; I do not know where to probe them to get my readings and which side is + and which side is - (although when metering AC voltage i dont think that matters) :unknw: Im gonna post up some pictures if you can tell me where to probe for a voltage reading that would be great. Please no one reply saying useless info, that is really annoying, and im already pissed at this NEW TV....

0519131650b_zps0e60f3e3.jpg

0519131650_zps8fbd83ec.jpg

This picture above shows the "Vsus" setpot.... At what places of contact do i probe it to get a voltage reading??

0519131650a_zpsb9f82dc0.jpg

0519131651_zps7679c9fc.jpg

I can not find the "Ve" setpot, but i took pics of 3 other POTS to see if you see anything??

Seth, Check out www.tvrepairkits.com too while you are at it with your symptoms and model number. I've had good luck with those guys on issues with my 65 inch rear projection hdtv that i inherited from my uncles estate.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

did you change any settings in the potentiometers settings if there not setup accordingly yes it could blow some capacitors if it was using too much voltage say 25vdc but if running at a 30 yes if you have potentiometers

close together mark the original points of where they are before adjusting, and on the capacitors use the same specs if it is on the PSU then yes you might be better off to get a new PSU if there fairley cheap enought but if it is a new tv bring it back

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

TV was bought in 2010... just nvr used it hardly ever at all. Has about 5hrs of use, thats it. To answer your question, I have NOT touched the "pots" yet. And I wont touch them until someone tells me where the contacts are so i can but my voltmeter to it and chk the voltage and make sure its set as per the factory recommended tag specs, of which i took a pic of too

www.hometheatershack.com and www.HDTVoice.com might be a little more helpful. Search first obviously though

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived