Second Skin Audio

Why you don't listen to "that guy"

I sold an 18" BTL N2 to a friend of mine a few months ago. Got a text from him a few weeks ago "It doesn't work anymore, there was a loud bang and it smelt terrible." Check the amp, gain is cranked... I am thinking OK this can't be good... Put a voltmeter on both coils and got 0 on both. I am thinking ok maybe my voltmeter is just shitty... Use the Fluke from work, 0 as well... So I order the recone and was too eager to wait for the delivery of it so I cut the BTL open today, pull out the coil and sure enough.......

fire_zps47ffb37e.jpg

burntcoil_zps9b2bf620.jpg

He then told me he was talking to "some guy" and "that guy" said to him that he should have the gain cranked all the way because it is "louder".

CLASSSSSSSSSSSIC HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE HEARD THAT HAH.

This "guy" needs to be told to stop giving out free advice lmao. ffs.. poor btl. Thank goodness recones are still widely available. Fi <3 PSI <3

If you look closely one coil looks good as the other is bad. Both read 0 ohms on the meter though.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

WOW

Those are some really, really beefy leads too. Can you say abuse? lol

Real friends don't let their friends have their gain cranked.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Real friends don't let their friends have their gain cranked.

lol when I sold it to him I set them all with the DD1, until he met "that guy".. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

WOW

Those are some really, really beefy leads too. Can you say abuse? lol

lasted 3 days of fully clipped HIFONICS POWERRRR lmfao.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

But... Didn't you know? GAIN = VOLUME, BRUH.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

But... Didn't you know? GAIN = VOLUME, BRUH.

LOL YEAH BRUH IT WAS SOOO LOUD ..... for 3 days.

Nice $250 mistake not bad.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Archived