Civic Wall Build, Destorys Windshield w/ 4 Sundown sa 12's on 1 Crescendo Audio 5500

I see a lot of things I wish I would've done with my wall. I'll see how it holds up for now, but I still need to work on figuring out how to completely seal it off from the rear like you did. Would you mind explaining a bit how and what you did to seal off the driver and passenger sides along the window/b pillar?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Well just watched that last video, see that you foamed and 2x4'd all the way up to the edge of everything which doesn't really help with me wanting to keep the headliner and all that stock stuff. Another question now though, what sorta bolts (size, material, etc) did you use to run the speaker wires? I've been looking for some but didn't really know where to start. And what sort of ends do you have on those wires to connect them to the bolts? Having trouble finding some for myself big enough to attach to bolts.

Sorry to bug you with all the questions, but this looks like it's coming along really great!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

that guy with the sunroof flex is my friend jordan, dudes nuts. let me know how you like those amps, thought about trying the 2400

He seemed like a pretty cool guy. I was the one sitting in his car at Carlisle when his sunroof broke. 17hz lol.

I don't have any complaints about these amps, I thinks they are the best "bang for the buck" I would however like to upgrade to a higher quality amp someday... maybe crescendo or something....... "4 ZV.4 12's on 2 5500's" heck yeah :)

My YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/cxmaudio *subscribe*

I see a lot of things I wish I would've done with my wall. I'll see how it holds up for now, but I still need to work on figuring out how to completely seal it off from the rear like you did. Would you mind explaining a bit how and what you did to seal off the driver and passenger sides along the window/b pillar?

Well just watched that last video, see that you foamed and 2x4'd all the way up to the edge of everything which doesn't really help with me wanting to keep the headliner and all that stock stuff. Another question now though, what sorta bolts (size, material, etc) did you use to run the speaker wires? I've been looking for some but didn't really know where to start. And what sort of ends do you have on those wires to connect them to the bolts? Having trouble finding some for myself big enough to attach to bolts.

Sorry to bug you with all the questions, but this looks like it's coming along really great!

No problem man, The bolts are 3 inch bolts that I got from lowes. I have 8 gauge ring terminals that I got from DIYMA, when I ran out of those I got some from autozone. ( 8 gauge should be big enough for your bolts, you might have to upgrade your speaker wire.) I also had to find some washers that would fit the bolts and cover the ring terminals nicely ( also purchased from lowes.) The length of your bolts depends on how thick your wall is, for example: I have 1.5 inch 2x4 + 0.75 inch birch = 2.25 inches of wood to go through. 3 inches worked perfect considering I still have to put nuts and washers on them.

As far as sealing your wall off, maybe painters tape would help keep things clean. I have seen so many people who don't seal their walls off. I personalty think it sound WAY better if it is sealed off. I have also heard of sealing it off at the trunk. I'm not to sure how that would work though????

My YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/cxmaudio *subscribe*

Archived