Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Single 12 Enclosure design?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright guys simple as that. I really need help with a box design for a single 12

Max height: 15

Max depth: 30"

Max Width: 30"

Sub: One American Bass XFL 12

About 2.30^

Ported, tuned to 32hz

This is going into tho trunk my 94 Pontiac Gran Prix.

I really didn't wanna have to post a topic where you guys whip up a box for me but I decided I better. I kept messing around with box calculators and I cant ever seem to get it right. (The port length just never seems right) It's my first box build and I'll be picking up the wood on sunday.

So if anyone could whip up a simple design I would be so thankful. Thanks!

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Posted

Anyone?

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Posted

Half an hour for a free box design PROBABLY isn't enough time to get someone to help. Give it time, someone will surely help, and by someone, JoeX is about the only one that will throw something your way

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Half an hour for a free box design PROBABLY isn't enough time to get someone to help. Give it time, someone will surely help, and by someone, JoeX is about the only one that will throw something your way

Very true. Sorry, I hate posting a topic like this as it is. Plus i'm at school haha. Thanks

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz
Vb = 2.3 ft^3

External Height = 14 in
External Width = 30 in
External Depth = 18.875 in

Port Width = 2 7/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/8 x 12 1/2
Front Internal = 24 7/8 x 12 1/2
Back = 30 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides:
Side 1 = 17 3/8 x 12 1/2
Side 2 = 18 1/8 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 30 x 18 7/8

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/2 x 12 1/2
Extension = 15 7/8 x 12 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg


Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 2 7/8" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 2.3 ft^3

External Height = 14 in

External Width = 30 in

External Depth = 18.875 in

Port Width = 2 7/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/8 x 12 1/2

Front Internal = 24 7/8 x 12 1/2

Back = 30 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 17 3/8 x 12 1/2

Side 2 = 18 1/8 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 30 x 18 7/8

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/2 x 12 1/2

Extension = 15 7/8 x 12 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 2 7/8" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Thank you joe! Looks like i'll be cutting wood on sunday! :D

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 2.3 ft^3

External Height = 14 in

External Width = 30 in

External Depth = 18.875 in

Port Width = 2 7/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/8 x 12 1/2

Front Internal = 24 7/8 x 12 1/2

Back = 30 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 17 3/8 x 12 1/2

Side 2 = 18 1/8 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 30 x 18 7/8

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/2 x 12 1/2

Extension = 15 7/8 x 12 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 2 7/8" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Posted

Hey joe x. I was wondering if you could help me out do something like this for me . I have 2 15" American bass XFL's in a 1998 ford explorer 2 door. I'm looking for a box that's big , made to the specs of my subs , a really big port , and bangs the low notes I think? I think there the low notes . We'll anyways that makes really deep and loud bass . I would great apprciate it . Thanks you can message me if you want

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 2.3 ft^3

External Height = 14 in

External Width = 30 in

External Depth = 18.875 in

Port Width = 2 7/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 3/8 x 12 1/2

Front Internal = 24 7/8 x 12 1/2

Back = 30 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 17 3/8 x 12 1/2

Side 2 = 18 1/8 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 30 x 18 7/8

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 1/2 x 12 1/2

Extension = 15 7/8 x 12 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Important notes:

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 2 7/8" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Hey joe x. I was wondering if you could help me out do something like this for me . I have 2 15" American bass XFL's in a 1998 ford explorer 2 door. I'm looking for a box that's big , made to the specs of my subs , a really big port , and bangs the low notes I think? I think there the low notes . We'll anyways that makes really deep and loud bass . I would great apprciate it . Thanks you can message me if you want

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 492 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...