Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

try turning the phase knob all the way to the left

Yeah I was reading about it, but the description was really shallow.... from what I can tell it basically changes the way it sounds from a certain spot? It's supposed to like mix with the surround sound?

I twisted it around but the change seemed minimal so I just left it somewhere. I'll try turning it left next time i play it

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Dude, i have to say that the fact that this actually worked is fu*king nuts. My wife and I are watching that video and i have been keeping an eye on this thread since you started. Props to you man, nice work! Amazing! I have to laugh, but not in a bad way, it's just so damn cool you built your own sub and it is doin work.

One of the best threads i have read in a while, thank you!

Thanks man, I had no idea what a hit this project would become lol. thread racked up 23,000 views in just a week!

I wonder what this means for the future super-woofer's popularity..............

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

with how crazy those magnets are you should buy a ti 10" basket and softpargs and build a custom could..i bet it would be ridiculous.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

if your sticking with rubber bands, why not try a putting some rubber bands around the whole VC, then stretch them and mount them. try like 10-20 rubber band strands, how ever many fit around the VC

I also liked the cheat and buy some spiders idea, lol

Lol, you read my mind dude. On both accounts, as I was gathering all the same sized rubber bands I could find and trying to see how I could get them to anchor to the VC if I wrap if around and hook it back, then after 10 minutes I got on ebay and looked at some spiders hahahaha. I haven't folded yet, but $8 and here on monday? It doesn't sound too shabby my man.

spider ideas: vinyl or h.e you spell tht. Exercise balls like the big colored ones. used a section of that. Whoopee cushion. plastic netting + flex seal?

Dude we must be tel-kinetically communicating right now, because as I was scrolling down the page, I had just grabbed my moms "exercise ball" (still in the wrapping of course) and was like, "Oh, this is literally perfect...." I'm gonna get on it tomorrow. Probably skip school just so I can work on this. I don't see why we even have to go for the last week as seniors, we have no finals...........no classwork.........nothing. Lets just show up graduation day and be done with it.

in my skool seniors dont have to come the last 2 weeks of skool its fuckin awesome..buildings so much quieter

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

I haven't read a thread unique like this in a while. Nice job on the sub. You put some serious thought into that. :clapping:

Here, we don't have to come in to school for the last 3 weeks of classes. We just come in for a Senior Breakfast (for 2 hrs) and Senior Picnic (Im pretty sure all day, but that's a field trip.. So idgaf lol)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

the pulsing inward problem is most likely due to two things.

1. very little positive excursion available

2. the moving mass

basically if the sub is hitting the excursion limits quciker when going up than down and gravity is working against you. much easier for something heavy to fall than to jump. the remedies are to make a lighter cone and a surround that actually has both positive and negative movement

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the pulsing inward problem is most likely due to two things.

1. very little positive excursion available

2. the moving mass

basically if the sub is hitting the excursion limits quciker when going up than down and gravity is working against you. much easier for something heavy to fall than to jump. the remedies are to make a lighter cone and a surround that actually has both positive and negative movement

Thanks for the explanation! But why is it then that a small 9v battery can make this thing pop up so much? But the Amp always seems to pull it down?

Even when it hits a deep note, if I put my finger on the cone I can feel it just go straight down? and it's not super heavy and I loosened the whole surround to allow upwards xmax, and even the 9v got it to pop up out of the magnetic flux the first time I tried it...?

I missed Alan.

ok soooooooooooooooo, I played your song purplesyrup and it obliterated the VC. (Not really) but it makes a bunch of noise at low Hz. So I decided I'll get a new coil that bigger so it will clear the magnets and give me more depth so I don't need to worry about it coming off again.

014-7_zps5698b360.jpg

I missed Alan.

Archived