Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

Would be one of the greatest movies of all time.

i have 2 Neo Subs for my PA Speakers i built myself. They are really nice and lightweight.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Very cool!

One question, are you not using glue on each magnet?

Just wondering what will happen later on if one shifts? Or the whole motor?

Lol, I wanted to, but in case I ever need to make repairs or adjustments later, I don't want them glues because it will make it impossible to get the separated without ruining the entire coating. Trust me, the way a magnets pull force is rated it the theoretical situation of it being connected to a steel ground plate of 1" thickness.......

My base plate is about 0.88" thick so I would be very surprised at any shifting it would do.

My thoughts too... I would use soem epoxy or something in betweent them, and to the bottom and top plate...Make it BULLET proof.

I would, but the precision that I need here is almost unreachable. I can't afford to lock them into place if they're off. Literally I'm going for less than 0.1" of space between the coil and the magnets and the coil and the top plate. I'm sure it will be the biggest PITA, but I didn't drop $3k to make a safety sub.

you need to film the whole build man,

just leave the camera rolling

Yeah I wanted to last night but the card was only 1.86GB and kept shutting off without warning. So this morning my boss came over to help paint my moms room and I had to have him help me combine the 2 largest magnets and of course the camera stopped rolling without telling me so I missed the whole thing, so I just went out 10 minutes ago and I bought a 8GB card, just for you guys.

So as apologizes for my missing of the initial magnet combination heres some early pics.

001_zps3eb24615.jpg

002_zpsa30ce7ac.jpg

Broke on Impact lol

003_zps28131c32.jpg

First attempts at getting the bottom magnet on..........yeah it dents steel like a badass

004_zps3a0084e0.jpg

With the VC on:

005_zpsfccf5969.jpg

This is the top plate with the voicecoil sitting tightly inside, the machine shop was off from my specified 3.35" inner diameter cutout, it's actually only 3.29" so I'll have to make due

006_zps5a175d61.jpg

007_zps3c2540ea.jpg

Aligning the magnets to my best abilities.......

009_zpsebacbd4c.jpg

010_zpsb74b4a15.jpg

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

/\ Lol, might wanna call the nearest richter scale site and let them know it's just you, that volcano isn't acting up yet

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Oh my god you guys, I'm about to take the craziest video, you will literally not believe the force the thing gives off. Give me like 10 minutes lol, it's gonna be so worth it.

Edit: My elderly, arthritic dog is laying over the leg of my desk chair so I'm trapped ATM, please hold until she gets up to do something else.

I don't dare disturb her, she has a hard enough time laying down so I don't want to move her. she would say sorry if she could.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived