So I put the wheels on.....

Put the 6's on the truck yesterday. I have some rubbing I have to deal with though. Truck actually rides better with them on versus the stock 17 factories that were on it.

16220869_large.jpg

My question is that I have some rubbing like I said. Instead of cutting the inner fender I want to try and see if I can weaken the inner fender wheel well plastic using a heat gun and a roller. Sort of like make an indent where the wheels are rubbing at so that when I do turn those indent will be there to cause less rubbing. Has anyone else tried this?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Haven't try'd it. But sounds like a good idea.

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

i would cut it, thats what i would do

i dont think youll be able to mold it and still keep it from rubbing, maybe on the front bumper part but on the side closer to the doors i dont think theres enough room behind the liner to mold it away from the tire, if u cut alittle here and there it should work better

i would lower it a bit not to much though cuz honestly they look good but also look like 24's.

the fender plastic is easiest to cut it or remove the whole thing but with that the derbies will kick stuff up to the motor or so.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

X2 on cutting vs melting/reshaping....You'll waste your time trying to melt that plastic and reform it and just ruin the liner....I don't see how it would be possible for the 6's to ride better than the 17's haha but at least they look good

Its already been said but the tire is rubbing on the plastic which covers the metal. Reshaping the plastic wont help because your not moving any of the metal, so itll still rub on the metal.

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Some people don't like the soft ride of the stockies... I've done many long trips in a 'burban and factory shoes ride nicer IMO. If I wanted a harsh ride I'd drive a M5.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

How in the world do low pros ride better than a giant tire is what I am wondering lol

just depends i guess, my 24s with 25 series tires rode better or if not as good as my stock michelins

Archived