Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box design software


flood77

Recommended Posts

Posted

Flood, you are going to find out that Torres is only good for simple sealed and ported enclosures. It has some trouble with anything with port bends and is only slightly accurate.

If you use Google sketchup to design a box it has everything you need to find out the volume of the enclosure, port and port length. It will also let you decide what your cut sheets are. But it isn't going to just put it on a silver platter. You will have to learn how to use the program and learn how to make a good enclosure.

Some people here would rather see you build as many boxes as it takes to become good at it, because that is what they had to do. Some people love to teach how to build good enclosures because they rather not see you learn through your own mistakes.

Of course, you have learned that paying someone doesn't always mean success. But there are some guys who do box designs for a living who could get you a nice design.

No matter what, unless you actually build and build and test, you really can't have someone just throw something together in torres and have a guarntee it will sound good.

As i was typing this 3 people replied, can't wait to see those.

Posted

Pencil and paper.

terrible answer.

Download torres box calc on this site and get your cuts/tuning/etc

download google sketchup and make it in there to see it 3D

Terrible answer. Maybe if people would start learning instead of having shit spoon fed to them, they'd have knowledge instead of a cut sheet and no idea.

Torres is the worst.

But what do I know? I design my boxes in my head standing in front of the panel saw at Home Depot.

cool story bro. wish we all could be master installers like you.

Posted

Flood, you are going to find out that Torres is only good for simple sealed and ported enclosures. It has some trouble with anything with port bends and is only slightly accurate.

If you use Google sketchup to design a box it has everything you need to find out the volume of the enclosure, port and port length. It will also let you decide what your cut sheets are. But it isn't going to just put it on a silver platter. You will have to learn how to use the program and learn how to make a good enclosure.

Some people here would rather see you build as many boxes as it takes to become good at it, because that is what they had to do. Some people love to teach how to build good enclosures because they rather not see you learn through your own mistakes.

Of course, you have learned that paying someone doesn't always mean success. But there are some guys who do box designs for a living who could get you a nice design.

No matter what, unless you actually build and build and test, you really can't have someone just throw something together in torres and have a guarntee it will sound good.

As i was typing this 3 people replied, can't wait to see those.

well for the 750 i spent on mine i probably could have built a couple different ones and went from there,so excuse all the questions i have,im just trying to learn it so i dont have to throw away money

Posted

Pencil and paper.

terrible answer.

Download torres box calc on this site and get your cuts/tuning/etc

download google sketchup and make it in there to see it 3D

Terrible answer. Maybe if people would start learning instead of having shit spoon fed to them, they'd have knowledge instead of a cut sheet and no idea.

Torres is the worst.

But what do I know? I design my boxes in my head standing in front of the panel saw at Home Depot.

cool story bro. wish we all could be master installers like you.

Perhaps if people didn't know more about a keyboard than they do a circular saw... they could be.

Just sayin... there's no replacement for putting sawdust on the floor.

Posted

Pencil and paper.

terrible answer.

Download torres box calc on this site and get your cuts/tuning/etc

download google sketchup and make it in there to see it 3D

Terrible answer. Maybe if people would start learning instead of having shit spoon fed to them, they'd have knowledge instead of a cut sheet and no idea.

Torres is the worst.

But what do I know? I design my boxes in my head standing in front of the panel saw at Home Depot.

cool story bro. wish we all could be master installers like you.

Perhaps if people didn't know more about a keyboard than they do a circular saw... they could be.

Just sayin... there's no replacement for putting sawdust on the floor.

most ppl will never want to take the time to understand the equation. Not really a point if your building a simple ported box.

Posted

I think both have good points people can read and hopefully start an intelligent debate

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

I think both have good points people can read and hopefully start an intelligent debate

Maybe I went about it in the wrong way, but I was just trying to say that I've learned infinitely more by building than I ever have fiddling with software.

The test equip I have at my disposal helps too though. I can see actual tuning, actual in-car FR, actual impedance plots, etc. It's laughable how bad some of the BS is that software spits out.

+6db at 35hz with an F3 of 28? ORLY? And I only need to build a 7 cube box for a 12? You got it, software!!

Lol. Ok. I'll shut up now.

Posted

I think both have good points people can read and hopefully start an intelligent debate

Maybe I went about it in the wrong way, but I was just trying to say that I've learned infinitely more by building than I ever have fiddling with software.

The test equip I have at my disposal helps too though. I can see actual tuning, actual in-car FR, actual impedance plots, etc. It's laughable how bad some of the BS is that software spits out.

+6db at 35hz with an F3 of 28? ORLY? And I only need to build a 7 cube box for a 12? You got it, software!!

Lol. Ok. I'll shut up now.

ok so school me on this i have 4 sa-d412's 2 hifonics brx 2000.1d wired at 1ohm and heres what i got on numbers box 45 wide 38 tall and 12.5 deep .75 material comes out ruffly 10.1 cubic feet

now to port 6.5 wide 10 tall and 9.25 deep that would make a tune of 33hz. i want to know if im close with my numbers

and this is a wall for a 2000 gmc sierra ext cab. im just looking for some help on a good box for what i got

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1418 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...