Sonic Electronix

what mistakes did you guys make when you installed your first system???

Before I knew anything about car audio systems, I tried to install a amp on my door speakers, while leaving both wires installed to speakers and amp at same time. smh...

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

Best advice bro

Get a friend who has experience to help u and show u the ropes. I did the same thing and thought I knew what I was doing but here I am redoing everything again

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Bought a xplod 4 channel to run a pair of cvr's. Just saw the wattage and didn't know out the difference between a 4 channel and a mono. Ended up getting a kicker kx1200.1 for them and they sounded good for what they were, the kx1200 is still one of my favorite amps I've owned.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I hate being rushed, this dude git me to hook up his shit, he didnt want to buy a fuse holder or other things.. Tokd him install would take a few hours and he came back an hour later looking over my shoulder tapping nervously on his truck, rattleing keys in his hand.. That really pissed me off..

i guess i got pretty lucky, the only thing i did incorrectly when installing my first system was i got a line level converter from Best Buy that never worked quite right, every time i shut off the system (was only a sub and amp for it, everything else stock) i had to unplug the RCAs between the LOC and the amp and plug them back in. if i didn't do that, the amp would be on, just not receiving signal from the RCAs. i thought it was the amp but the same thing happened when i installed another amp. the second amp i put in had high level inputs so i got rid of the converter completely. i'm so glad i didn't have any other problems!

Using dual ap3k's thinking I would be content... time for more power

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I cut the ends off of one side of a pair of RCA's, took the exposed wire, hooked it up to the rear speakers from inside the trunk and plugged the other end into the amp for a signal to power a 12" kenwood in a prefab. I installed some aftermarket speaker in the front doors only to find out that I needed spacers because the windows would hit the magnet of the speakers when I tried to role them down. I cut the ends off a small extension cord and used it as a ground. I tried to wire an amp to the rear speakers while the speakers still had the factory connections from the HU connected (the HU went poof). This all took place in my moms car by the way, my dad was lucky he was always at work when I had my car audio itch.

Archived