Remember how I said I would fix the ugly shiny foil sound deadener.....say hello to second skin. I got some of this last week.

2013-05-29_12-47-38_224_zps07c17808.jpg

2013-05-29_18-19-39_689_zpsc3d85f50.jpg

2013-05-29_18-20-01_667_zps79b13fb1.jpg

Ah hell! Let's just cover it all of it. Originally I was just going to do the area's where it would possibly be visible, but this stuff is NICE!! I wouldnt mind if it was all visible, like it is not hard on the eye's like the other stuff. But it's going to get covered as you have already seen.

2013-05-29_19-31-31_606_zps693f1bfe.jpg

2013-05-29_19-32-04_633_zpse6b00ff2.jpg

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

Remember when I said I Love bed liner, well I really really do!

2011-10-29_08-07-59_539_zps0459ce85.jpg

Yeah the hydrolics on that backhoe leaked over night I came back the next morning and saw the bucket resting on my bed....one of those moments you realize how dumb you can be. Get's worse though, someone left it in gear so when I started it up to raise the bucket, it lurched forward, through it in reverse because it has a hard time finding nuetral and the brakes leak so the pressure hadnt built back up therefore no brakes, I parked my dads sierra right behind it so I tried again for nuetral but it goes back into forward I did this three times back and forth back and forth. I finally got it into nuetral and shut the thing off... I was shakin soooooo bad. I had the bed chained to the bucket so the whole time I was dragging the bed back and forth across the blocks and missed my dads truck by inches with the bucket on the back....SCARY! But everything came out unharmed so its all good now, this was all so I could bedline the underside of the bed, I've undercoated the truck but I wanted to bedline the bed part. It was off for other reasons so I figured why not! This was one of my first bedlinings.

2011-10-29_18-14-11_244_zpsdf3548f0.jpg

I also did the backside of the cab andthe bed, you can sort of see that I blocked off the rear air vents to the truck with some 3/16" sheet metal, silicone,and sound dampener. They rattled a ton before, and I had alot of sound pressure from the subs afterward, I do have to crack the rear windows for air to compensate for blocking them off though, oh well. For the love of audio right lol!

2013-05-29_13-12-42_783_zps4c28cb91.jpg

2013-05-29_13-12-53_882_zpsd7e8de33.jpg

2013-05-29_13-13-04_628_zps70bb58c4.jpg

Kinda unnoticable but I've had a few people notice its not a big white blurr now

2013-05-29_13-11-23_679_zps3df40baa.jpg

truck looks sick bro. love all the attention to detail with the sound dampening and the crossovers!

WTF? Hybrid parking? Really? What the hell is going on with these smug bastards?! I want gas guzzler parking right up front so i dont have to circle the parking lot 40 times and ruin the enviroment.

Nice we used to have a 2004 silverado 3500 4 door with the 8.1 and Allison tranny. Badass truck but shitty mpg. My dad wanted me to take the truck but I was like I can't afford the gas lol

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Man this looks really really good. I really like the details of the amp cover. Only thing I'd be a little worried about, is the bass vibrating and breaking those letters off. Aside of that it looks good. Nice touch with the the red too. Really breaks it up nicely.

Sucks about the tractor, but glad nothing got damaged, other than your nerves a little bit. Those will recover though.

Keep it up buddy! I like it!

Nice we used to have a 2004 silverado 3500 4 door with the 8.1 and Allison tranny. Badass truck but shitty mpg. My dad wanted me to take the truck but I was like I can't afford the gas lol

Agreed, these are hogs lol! But I love it, dont get me wrong I'd love to have a dirtymax over this but for what I pull around this gets me by just fine. Honestly it's this allison tranny that makes these motors. Luckly the company I work for pays for my gas so I can demo this thing all I want lol!

Man this looks really really good. I really like the details of the amp cover. Only thing I'd be a little worried about, is the bass vibrating and breaking those letters off. Aside of that it looks good. Nice touch with the the red too. Really breaks it up nicely.

Sucks about the tractor, but glad nothing got damaged, other than your nerves a little bit. Those will recover though.

Keep it up buddy! I like it!

Thanks man your car is coming along nicely as well! Yeah I was worried about those logos as well, It is out of 3/4mdf so it's not too week and it's attached by 1-2" at the base. originally it was going to be like this \/ \/

2013-05-03_13-03-55_195_zps3bac7790.jpg

I was just going to paint it to make it look how it does now but then decided that it was strong enough without the extra attachement. So yeah I should be fine how it is I mean I can pick the whole thing up by each letter. My buddie and I were thinking the same thing though when we started cutting it out, we were more worried the jigsaw would accidentally rip it off while cutting. Thanks for lookin out for me though, time will tell!

No prob, that's why I wanted to post this thing so I could get suggestions and such on it. If something did happen to it, then I would most likely do some glass and resin, probably come CA glue as well. My biggest concern with those pannels is the magnets holding them down good enough that they dont rattle, I mean they are the neo magnets that meade uses and they suck up to eachother tight but Im somewhat skeptical how they well hold them together once the bass drops! Also I need to doublecheck but I think the headrests are a little too close for comfort to those letters...oh well gotta grab some more sand paper to finish up my dash today.

Archived