Wood's -2011 Altima- AKA "Red Ruby" : New Build (pg.150) #SpringBling

Those pods look dope.. but I LOVE the pillars.. should sound sweet. I know that Hertz tweeters at least are no joke :good:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I like how they came out for my first time for sure! I will probably try my hand at them again in the spring to get them PERFECT... I also want to think of a way to reduce the bulk without comprise to design because I love the way they look, just want about a half inch more leg freedom lol.. pillars came out on point and I'm COMPLETELY satisfied, just need to go back on the doors... but that'll be next year because they look good for what they are as of now! And as far as the Hertz, the full set is beast! I'm still in awe I have 2 sets of my dream speakers!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

how do you make an oval cutout?

They aren't too bad just a little creativity with a circle jig....I may be making another set which be easier knowing what I'm doing. ..al though still takes a few hours to do lol...got lucky and made them on the first try :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

how do you make an oval cutout?

They aren't too bad just a little creativity with a circle jig....I may be making another set which be easier knowing what I'm doing. ..al though still takes a few hours to do lol...got lucky and made them on the first try :)

Its no maybe... I'll be needing a second set lol :D

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

By next winter two sets won't be enough...lol. When you get a minute bro I need you to head down south and help me with my pillars...lol

Lol trust me... All my equipment have room to grow with the change of amps!!! My front stage will be underpowered (rated 125rms ea, only will be giving them 100, and that's pushing it since I only plan to set gains a -2.5) as well as my subs (rated 1800rms ea, will only be giving them 1500rms ea. lol)!!! Now that's what you call an easy upgrade LOL, but I'm sure this will be plenty loud for me because I don't want to sacrifice loudness for the overall SQ!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

I know its been a while since updates but here's what's going on... This past Sat. I picked up an Eaton for my rear battery! Got a HELL of a deal for it that I couldn't pass. It is a MONSTER!!!!! Battery tray is already made for it in the spare tire well!!

20141005_112733_zps553c8d23.jpg

I also order Knu RCAs for the sub amp, the vinyl to finish the a pillars, speaker wire and remote wire!! All I have left to purchase is Sub Amp and Starting battery. Sub amp will be picked up next Friday and starting battery will be the grand finale of it all for it to play!! I will most likely deaden my roof and install some air bag helpers before I plan to load my car because even with the 1 Eaton (100lbs) my rear was sagging pretty bad! If the subs ship before the end of the month, I expect for it to be playing on Nov 1st!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

• 1 month later...

Alright, I know it's been a while since I updated my log, so I figured I would give you guys a heads up.

The reason my log was being updated so quickly was because I was trying to make 2 major shows in my area, Bully Dog and Turkey Drag. I bought and built EVERYTHING so that I can make both shows without a problem. Well that was with DSS shipping the preorder on time. Now I'm stuck out both shows and wont receive my subs until December, IF then. I've lost all motivation and have not made any progress since the A pillars.

With that being said, I decided to take this time to build Red Ruby to her fullest potential!!! I will be redoing my door panels so that they're glassed near factory profile and will also be upholstered so that it is one piece instead of the pod having a lip between the transition of the panel and pod, along with cutting whatever metal/plastic so that the speakers can remain reverse mounted. Also, I plan to fully deaden my roof with Tantric gator skin and deaden my all my doors with knuknoceptz along with stuffing my A pillars with open cell foam and rear deck (after being sealed) to prevent as much rattle/flex in the rear deck as possible. Also I MIGHT deaden the floors (still thinking on it). Trying to make it as "dead" as possible so that I get a nice full and accurate sound!

I have my trunk fully designed /planned out, which if executed, will be BAD ASS!! And crazy secure from thieves!! And as much as I've been debating, I've FINALLY decided to seal off. Hopefully it sounds good sealed off in my car. But as of now, I'm gonna keep those plans a secret!! May not even log that part of the build, just show the finished product.

As of now, that's whats going on so I'll update you guys when I start back building!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Damn man, i was hoping to see progress. Did you ever install the front stage and take a listen?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Get on it man! It sucks that you have to wait that long for your subs but look at it this way, it gives you time to get everything perfect.

That is very true! I have way bigger plans then initially, install wise, such as sealing off and making a nice amp rack! At first I was just gonna rear fire and mount the amp to the box, but I think My new plans, if executed well will not only look better, but sound better AND be more secure!

Damn man, i was hoping to see progress. Did you ever install the front stage and take a listen?

Yea bro, I lost a lot of motivation because the main reason I was moving so fast was to make this weekends show and turkey drag... I haven't installed the front stage yet as I haven't got my starting battery yet and that's because I didn't buy it when I found out our orders would be delayed until after thanksgiving (and that's The ONLY thing left to make this playable). So I'm actually going to wait until I do my "rebuild of the rebuild" (LOL) and fire everything up at once! I can't WAIT to redo my doors because they will be glassed to the door panel and upholstered this go around!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Archived