SPL Myth?

Well wouldnt it be easier to pressurize a smaller cabin than a bigger one. Maybe thats where he was going with it.

But also if you have your box far enough away for the whole wave to develop right at the meter that can help your score so like everyone said there are too many variables

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

In a pure SPL app... a square body S10 will skull drag an Explorer... up to a certain point where cargo area/cone area comes into play.

I had an S10 my first year. It did 157.5 on (3) 18's in stock 0-600w. That's a below the window line build on ~ 4k. Same style truck is capable of near a 61 with the same style box and amp. IDGAF what you do to an Explorer... you aint getting it to a 60 on 5k.

S10's are limited on space though. The loudest S10 in the world with no bed cuts does 165+. (3) 15's below the window line. There are obviously louder Explorers than that with walls and a ton of room for batts and shit.

As for the box being closer vs further away...

In general... it usually a good thing to have the box, and especially the port as far away from the mic as possible. But what happens if you don't account for that distance is that the wavelengths couple differently so your peak is going to change. Meaning... the sub's forward wave and the port pressure is going to hit the mic at the same time at a different frequency than if the box was closer. Does that make sense?

The box/port is so damn close to the mic in an S10 that the wave has VERY little time to develop. That means the peak frequency is high as shit. And that's money for the TL. Put the same box in an Explorer and I bet the peak is like 10hz lower.

• 3 weeks later...

No most sq cars are not tuned that low. That will creste a lower peak lower than most mid ranges want to play. Most are in fact sealed some run a ported substage for spl testing and turn it off fornthe sq portion. Alot ofbhardcore. Sq guys have a sub in the front as well. I stand by my statement that tuning in the 20s serves no purpose for actual music listening. If all you listen to is decaf and stuff like that well then um yeah its still shas no purpose since you are at the threshold of human hearing. Mechanical noise sounds so sweet.

If people used progressive tuned ports (horn-like) rather than a standard round/square port I could see tuning into the 20's being more popular, but as it stands not a lot of music has sub-30hz content anyways... :(

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived