18 yo girl invents 20 second cell phone charger

http://mbcalyn.com/2013/05/20/teens-invention-could-charge-your-phone-in-20-seconds-nbc-news-com/

pretty cool. I'm sure Tony D could chime in about this. Still cool to see some smart younger generation kids coming up with stuff. I wish I had the time to mess around with stuff like that.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I was talking to my father about this the other day. And what he had said was that to enable the amount of current that would be discharged, the wires would have to be large enough to be annoying to the common consumer. The large current would also do damage to the battery and cause a significantly less cattery life time along with the actual life the the phone.

Also I think the media has glorified the potential use it could have with phones as I believe her initial project for Intel was not based on phone charging.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Yea not impressed. Super caps have been around. The super caps I use for audio are supposed to be good for like 1 million cycles. So if I wired them up to my phone I'm sure it would charge it. Probably blow up the phone though.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

I think it's impressive. She's working at the nanoscale.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I think it's impressive. She's working at the nanoscale.

Key word in all of that is "could".

She used a small super capacitor to power an LED. That's pretty much it.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I was talking to my father about this the other day. And what he had said was that to enable the amount of current that would be discharged, the wires would have to be large enough to be annoying to the common consumer. The large current would also do damage to the battery and cause a significantly less cattery life time along with the actual life the the phone.

Also I think the media has glorified the potential use it could have with phones as I believe her initial project for Intel was not based on phone charging.

Yea, if you charged a battery that fast it would kill it but her idea is to replace the battery with a super capacitor. A capacitor has a much lower resistance and could charge that fast with ease. It's a great idea and with enough research I'm sure they'll make it happen. Wouldn't expect the cost of the phone to go down though from this

So really the girl didn't make a 20 second cell phone charger. She made a power supply that could be charged in 20 seconds.

Yea, if you charged a battery that fast it would kill it but her idea is to replace the battery with a super capacitor. A capacitor has a much lower resistance and could charge that fast with ease. It's a great idea and with enough research I'm sure they'll make it happen. Wouldn't expect the cost of the phone to go down though from this

Ahh, replacing the battery would make much more sense. But then to be able to get manufactures to replace the batteries, and make an efficient way of gaining access to the charge. This could easily be obtained from a wall socket, but from places such as USB ports could it be obtained? Not shooting down her idea just working around possible areas that could cause trouble or inconvenience. I diffidently see it happening in the future but as to how to get it to mass market is the actual problem.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Ahh, replacing the battery would make much more sense. But then to be able to get manufactures to replace the batteries, and make an efficient way of gaining access to the charge. This could easily be obtained from a wall socket, but from places such as USB ports could it be obtained? Not shooting down her idea just working around possible areas that could cause trouble or inconvenience. I diffidently see it happening in the future but as to how to get it to mass market is the actual problem.

it will probably be much more efficient in the profiting aspect which is usually the biggest concern of a business.

Especially since it doesn't require the lead that batteries do, that is if phones use lead. This is getting a little past my knowledge of batteries. So now I know what I'll be researching now..

Archived