16-Band EQ (80PRS) Setup, Songs or Tones? SQ Guys?

You guys need some time on DIYMA

Remember, whether using BW or LR crossovers the phase changes also... so the slope chosen is an intricate part of the equation I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Auto EQ is meh, Auto T/A was way off also compared to how I run it by ear

How does the slope affect phase?

Focusing on my subs, how would different slopes on the lpf (@63hz) effect phase (if they do). Would this affect the subs output?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Focusing on my subs, how would different slopes on the lpf (@63hz) effect phase (if they do). Would this affect the subs output?

you only need to time align your subs to complement your front stage ...

Phase will come into play when you work primarily on stage and image ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Having your drivers in-phase works hand in hand with your left and right channel separation ...

Mostly needs to be concentrated on when running passive setups to make sure that your mids are in phase with your tweeters ...

That Chesky disc I told you about will really help you out with this. Because if that narrator doesn't sound the way he should, you will need to correct this before any of the music can perform correctly ...

you only need to time align your subs to complement your front stage ...

Phase will come into play when you work primarily on stage and image ...

Ok thanks, I was just about to quote your previous post.

I am focused on the subs playing correctly since they are running so much power, and the potential for damage is there.

Ill take a shot at TA on them.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ill take a shot at TA on them.

I'm running the Kenwood 9980 so sorry for not knowing the Pioneer unit better ...

But try and start out having the sub TA setting about 2.5ft from the center point of the vehicle ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

So, in a nutshell, does TA work simply by adjusting the phase of drivers?

no ... it time delays music. Manipulating it to make it sound exactly where you want it.

The reason why they have more sq material/information is because there is less talk of it on this site.

We are constantly working harder to change this ...

Threads like this create our own resource so new people don't have to go elsewhere in the future.

Absolutely ...

each -6dB slope = 90degrees off phase...

Well there is a wealth of knowledge that surpasses anything SQ on this site

Bull shit ... plain and simple

Sound Quality is simple as long as you take pride in your work ... Its not brain surgery
Wut?>

You realize you just made an empty statement, right? Shed the light on the simplicities Cableguyson

If it was so easy we would all have award winning SQ setups, but we don't

"I take pride in my stock speakerz yo".... by your definition I have an SQ system. Your high horse is ready to kick ya off bud, LOL
Look Sir ... I know you, and I respect you on this forum. So please, Lets not spam this man's threat up ... Ok ??
Everyone on this forum knows that I help out everywhere I can and I take pride in my work, just like you ...
I said simple ... not easy. You have to work at your system, test and tune, and do what it takes to be better that the next guy ...
I'm no expert, but this IS what I'm working towards ... And DIYMA, If you don't run their type of equipment, or play by their rules, you are considered outcast ... Not here !!! We treat people with respect here and not act like we know it all about car audio, but help people find the information that they need ...

I plan to go over and see Team DIYMA ... in the competition lanes !!!!

The point I'm getting at is SQ is subjective, so you need to hear someones well balanced ride to having a starting point to base changes on otherwise you are picking at things in the dark

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

ive messed with the right and left front speaker t/a with my 80prs, you can change the setting on it from cm to in and feet i think. the initail t/a setting isnt to far off but the auto t/a sucks. had the driver side speaker playing well before the passenger side.

in my car i find the best alingment with the driver speaker at about 30" and the the passenger speaker at about 43" ( no rear speakers ) but every car/setup will me different.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived