16-Band EQ (80PRS) Setup, Songs or Tones? SQ Guys?

I am trying to figure out this whole EQ thing, im used to treble-mid-bass LOL. What are some songs that are good for setting the levels? Should I use tones that correspond with each band? Or should I just use music I usually listen to, and adjust to that?

Open to all ideas, but i'd like to hear from some SQ guys. Even though my setup isn't SQ, they would probably have some good eq experience.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Speaking of Scottishbear, here's a video of him tuning the car using an RTA app for an andriod tablet, should help give ideas

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Would like to see some one use the AUTO EQ, and micophone,.... on the prs.. just to see what it does...

Skip to minute 8 if ya wonder wtf im sayin... but.... i bet most watch it all... ;)

also.. a 36 db slope !!!.. fuck me... such a killer unit....

Watching this one. My buddy said he's looking to get a 80prs and i might wanna get it if it works out real good in his ride.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

If you want to get techie you could use an RTA and pink noise. JL audio's iphone app has an RTA module in it I but am not sure how accurate it is without using an external mic.

In my system tuning by ear I needed to bump up the 750hz-6000hz range to bring out the vocals and those higher frequency details. Most recommend an EQ to cut frequency's but I have more then enough headroom for my taste so I never reach clipping before it is louder than I like. So I boost certain frequency's so I don't need to turn the dial as much to get it to sound just right.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Sunday, Jeff will have the RTA most likely and you can fine tune there. That's how I'm gonna do it when my mids are up and running.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Archived