OrionStang Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 I am trying to figure out this whole EQ thing, im used to treble-mid-bass LOL. What are some songs that are good for setting the levels? Should I use tones that correspond with each band? Or should I just use music I usually listen to, and adjust to that? Open to all ideas, but i'd like to hear from some SQ guys. Even though my setup isn't SQ, they would probably have some good eq experience. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Kyblack76 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Great question.... in for some disscussion. Im hoping that COFFEE chimes in....... Also, Alpine,.. Scottishbear, and a few others....... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Omega5002 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Speaking of Scottishbear, here's a video of him tuning the car using an RTA app for an andriod tablet, should help give ideas 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Kyblack76 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Would like to see some one use the AUTO EQ, and micophone,.... on the prs.. just to see what it does... Skip to minute 8 if ya wonder wtf im sayin... but.... i bet most watch it all... also.. a 36 db slope !!!.. fuck me... such a killer unit.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
ProMaxx316 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Watching this one. My buddy said he's looking to get a 80prs and i might wanna get it if it works out real good in his ride. If it's worth building, it's worth over building.
Kyblack76 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Here is the entire catalog of vids this beast can do.... Go there, and then click the VIDEO tab... http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
BoomZoom808 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 If you want to get techie you could use an RTA and pink noise. JL audio's iphone app has an RTA module in it I but am not sure how accurate it is without using an external mic. In my system tuning by ear I needed to bump up the 750hz-6000hz range to bring out the vocals and those higher frequency details. Most recommend an EQ to cut frequency's but I have more then enough headroom for my taste so I never reach clipping before it is louder than I like. So I boost certain frequency's so I don't need to turn the dial as much to get it to sound just right. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
CaPRiCEx383 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Sunday, Jeff will have the RTA most likely and you can fine tune there. That's how I'm gonna do it when my mids are up and running. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
OrionStang Posted June 6, 2013 Author Report Posted June 6, 2013 Sunday, Jeff will have the RTA most likely and you can fine tune there. That's how I'm gonna do it when my mids are up and running. Thats true. Forgot about that. SWEET!!! SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Kyblack76 Posted June 6, 2013 Report Posted June 6, 2013 Sunday, Jeff will have the RTA most likely and you can fine tune there. That's how I'm gonna do it when my mids are up and running. That... would rock.... damn.. you lucky bastards... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.