Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub box for RF P3 15's


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been looking to upgrade my box and I am thinking about building it myself. I drive an 2001 Saturn L200 the trunk is kinda small (H17"xD16"xL38). I have two Rockford Fosgate P3D415's with a 2400 watt amp. I was looking for a ported box design but haven't been able to find one. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2001 Saturn L200

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6.5"

(2) Rockford Fosgate 5.25"

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 15" subwoofers

Crunch GPV 2400 watt amp

Sony MEX-BT4100P head unit

Posted

You don't have the space for two 15s on those dimensions (ported).

Why not? rockford recommends 2.66 per sub tuned to 32. Hes got 5.98 total I think that should be plenty for those subs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

You don't have the space for two 15s on those dimensions (ported).

Why not? rockford recommends 2.66 per sub tuned to 32. Hes got 5.98 total I think that should be plenty for those subs.

That's the external volume of the box, you should read around a bit.

Posted

You don't have the space for two 15s on those dimensions (ported).

Why not? rockford recommends 2.66 per sub tuned to 32. Hes got 5.98 total I think that should be plenty for those subs.

That's the external volume of the box, you should read around a bit.

You're right I didn't even think about that I had just woken up and posted. Would make it about 4 after displacement.

If the o.p. has 3in he could add to depth it should work though he would have 5.75 before displacement then.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

The ported box I have now isn't great at all ( it was a quick buy to get the subs in). Do you think the subs would sound just as well in a box tuned to 33Hz that was sealed?

2001 Saturn L200

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6.5"

(2) Rockford Fosgate 5.25"

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 15" subwoofers

Crunch GPV 2400 watt amp

Sony MEX-BT4100P head unit

Posted

You can't really "tune" a sealed enclosure. You can only adjust the size of the box, hence adjusting the air space inside. But that's it. A larger space will allow the subs to move "free-er" and hit lower notes, but at some point you'll get to the point where the box will act as a free air. A small box will choke out the subs but will allow for higher notes to be played. There is a plus and minus to each side. My recommendation is to build a solid box to the Rockford specs.

Posted

Alright thanks guy I appreciate it.

2001 Saturn L200

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6.5"

(2) Rockford Fosgate 5.25"

(2) Rockford Fosgate P3 15" subwoofers

Crunch GPV 2400 watt amp

Sony MEX-BT4100P head unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1302 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...