Second Skin Audio

Budget two 12" subwoofers.

evo90

that was around my budget and I went with the xfl's, each pair is on a crescendo bc3500 at 1 ohm and I beat on them daily and they haven't got stinky yet. Only downside to the sa's is the 2.5" coil when the xfl's and lethal injection's are in the same price range and have a 3" coil

Right. but i dont like 2.5" coil. I dont say the can not paly hard but 3" coil are better than 2.5".

Talking about 2.5" coils. I find Obsidian 12"v2 D and Obsidian T/S parameters looks almost same (20 mm XMAX) but sa 12", XMAX 19mm.

And prices different everyone know !

Couple things:

1. Why do you care if it's a 2.5" coil vs a 3"? I'd take a 2.5" with cooling over a cheap 3" coil in a poorly designed motor any day.

2. Why are you so hung up on xmax? Do you plan on pushing the subs to their absolute mechanical limits? If no then stop worrying about it. And it's 1mm difference. That's thinner than the lead on a pencil. How much emphasis do you want to place on that?

Don't read this the wrong way but a lot of newbies to the sport often put a lot of emphasis on things that really don't matter. And I feel like that's what you are doing. Getting caught up in a couple specific numbers for some reason but ignoring everything else.

What about suspension linearity? Motor design? Cooling? Tinsel leads? Quality control standards? Surround material? Quality of construction? It seems like you are overlooking all of those for the sake of the voice coil. Which really doesn't make much sense. Especially since not all voice coils are created equal. The binding agent(glue) they use has a lot to do with things as well. And the material they use for both the coil wire and the former.

So when I say don't get so hung up on 1 or 2 specific specs, I really mean it, don't. Just because you get the numbers on paper you want in one specific area doesn't mean that the rest of the sub any good.

Couple things:

1. Why do you care if it's a 2.5" coil vs a 3"? I'd take a 2.5" with cooling over a cheap 3" coil in a poorly designed motor any day.

2. Why are you so hung up on xmax? Do you plan on pushing the subs to their absolute mechanical limits? If no then stop worrying about it. And it's 1mm difference. That's thinner than the lead on a pencil. How much emphasis do you want to place on that?

Don't read this the wrong way but a lot of newbies to the sport often put a lot of emphasis on things that really don't matter. And I feel like that's what you are doing. Getting caught up in a couple specific numbers for some reason but ignoring everything else.

What about suspension linearity? Motor design? Cooling? Tinsel leads? Quality control standards? Surround material? Quality of construction? It seems like you are overlooking all of those for the sake of the voice coil. Which really doesn't make much sense. Especially since not all voice coils are created equal. The binding agent(glue) they use has a lot to do with things as well. And the material they use for both the coil wire and the former.

So when I say don't get so hung up on 1 or 2 specific specs, I really mean it, don't. Just because you get the numbers on paper you want in one specific area doesn't mean that the rest of the sub any good.

1. I need a cigarette becouse too much information in my head.

I know my questions are stupid becosue i am newbie in cr audio but i dont care i want do my self installation and box building or stuff like that not pay a hundreds or thousands of dollars to car audio shop, but what ever that is another story.

I dont know. 3" coil sound stronger, more power.

2. No. only i want listening loud that it.

Right, my fault.

Okay, thanks alot for advice. Iam really appreciate!!!

just get the sa 12's I run their shallow 10's on a t1000bd and jacob said I could feed 700rms a peace an was like :nuts:

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Damn, didn't notice you in ireland, yeah i guess shipping would cost way too much.

Exactly, but that is not worse.

Worse are then, when iam buy some think from USA and i need pay + 23% from stuff price, becouse that call- IMPORT, and USA are not in European Union, but that ever!!

Archived