What tools I need to tune my system?

I am driving a 3 way speaker set up by a Zapco 6 channel with an Audiocontrol DQXS. Do I need anything to tune the system? Or will the DQXS suffice? The 3 way speaker set is not matched and are 3 different kinds. I don't necessarily want to spend 300.00 on the D'amore Im-sg. To find he speaker crossover points. If heard other tools like an oscilloscope are useful. Any suggestions?

Do I need something to set my gains properly? I have an Audiocontrol matrix at the head unit. So I need to set the gains on the amp do I need to use the amp crossover or will the DQXS handle that? I also need to set the gains and crossover on the sub amp?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

The Zapco allows you to run active right? How mismstched is this 3-way setup?

As far as saying xover points, deck flat, amp with pass through settings and let your processor handle all of it. I would make sure that your gain settings are properly set with a scope or DD1.

Question, how does your setup sound NOW? Does it sound good AND you're looking to tweak it further or does it not sound so good?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Your Ears......

Make it sound how it sounds good to you, not a computer screen. Remember, YOU have to listen to it everyday.

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Temporarily(this year) Focal 1" tweeters. Pioneer stage 4 2 5/8 midrange and Kenwood Excelon 25th anniversary 6 3/4 woofers.

How it sounds? It doesnt the system is not completed yet.

Normally i know how to handle a system install but with the balanced and active powered 3 way i am being cautious.

Thank you very much for the response, nice to get good soild non douche bag feedback.

Ill take using tools to find my gain points anybday over ear tuning. Now when it comes to cross overs slopes and things like that well then unless you have an rta you have to ear tune it.

Youre close I have a dd1 cc1 and oscope if you want ti meet up sometime

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That is a possibility. Ive been doind systems for over 20 years and though i agree the fine tuning of a system is best done by ear, i think the hardware tuning should have a basis in science and tech. People can convince themselves something sounds good to spare their pride or convince themselves something sounds bad to make them feel better about their choices. I prefer a combination of science and ear.

Archived