Opinions On 3-Way Component Set

TRTC360

I'm looking to piece together my own set, yes I know I can just purchase one that's already put together, but what's the fun in that? When people listen to my car I want to be able to say that I picked each individual speaker and made it sound as good as it does, anyways. For those audiophiles out there, i'm looking for something decently loud but mainly I want it to have overwhelming midbass response, smooth tweeters, and a midrange that blends in well with the midbass. So here's the speakers i'm looking into 7" midbass http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-374 4" midrange

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-1066

and a soft dome tweeter http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=275-030

I haven't decided on the crossover yet, might be ran active on a 80PRS or if I can find a nice pair of 3 way passive crossovers then i'll go with that, but let me know what you guys think.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

The rs 180 can be magic so I would definitely stick with those The midrange you mentioned is 6 db down from the other two components so you would need more than twice the wattage for them to have the same output. Here is a good midrange that you could use as a fullrange and have a two way. If you wanted to go active it would be easier to set up and tune than a three way. They play to 17k so it might play high enough for you and you could add a tweeter down the road if you wanted.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

The rs 180 can be magic so I would definitely stick with those The midrange you mentioned is 6 db down from the other two components so you would need more than twice the wattage for them to have the same output. Here is a good midrange that you could use as a fullrange and have a two way. If you wanted to go active it would be easier to set up and tune than a three way. They play to 17k so it might play high enough for you and you could add a tweeter down the road if you wanted.

What midrange? Guess link didn't show ip

If your going to go the extra mile and pick each component so you can say you did it you might as well go active. Why be held back by preset x-over frequencies and slopes if you want to do it your way. Active or just buy a 3 way set from a major manufacturer with the right x-over included.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

• 4 weeks later...

i am running the same bassic idea and i love it i have a dayton reference 8 in the kick panels

a dayton reference 6 in the kick panels with a vifa 1" silk dome tweeter.

i have the 8s crossed over at 400 hz on the rear channels of my 4 channel amp and then the componants on the front channels of the amp

with dayton 2.5k passive crossovers.

Archived