Tahoe 2013/2014/2015 RF, FI, XS, SQ, TM, etc...

hey man, great build here. im curious if u ever go to any of the sound connection comps in mn?? haha i started going last yr and went to 3 of em, it would be cool to meet someone from here haha and i wanna hear ur system, it looks sick.

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

4 polk audio door speakers

2 dash speakers(coming soon)

1 amp to run my mids and highs(coming soon)

hey man, great build here. im curious if u ever go to any of the sound connection comps in mn?? haha i started going last yr and went to 3 of em, it would be cool to meet someone from here haha and i wanna hear ur system, it looks sick.

I went to one of SOund connections comps last Summer, wish I would have went to more. I hope to hit up a LOT more this year. Last year my Tahoe wasn't setup. I work a lot though so I am not sure how many I will be allowed to go to. I had Jan 2 and 3 off work otherwise have worked every day and will continue to work every day till at least March when they will then decide what we need to work from there on out, always 8-12 hrs. a day too. I can buy stereo gear but seriously do not have time to do shit with it. Oh and BTW there were 2 other people there from SMD forums =)

I obviously dont know what you paid for the DC amps, but why did you choose those over the CT 7ks?

Well I originally was going for Nendo Bc5500's (September) but they took for absolute ever to ship me one (nendo themselves) so I changed my order to a DC 5k amp but at that time (November) DC was waiting till January before they had them in stock again. Since my first one was bought and paid for Sept. 3rd (bought the second Black Friday from DroppinHertz) I decided to get the second one so my amps would match and I didn't want to get a refund because I got good pricing IMO. Otherwise I would have went with a 7k if I was starting from scratch or whatever, but also last summer I wanted more of around a 5k amp for the subs it was going to be powering so that was a factor too. The DC 5K on the Amp dyno did insanely awesome so I knew it was an amp I had to add to my collection. I can't tell you how many times i was soooooooooooooooooo close to buying a 7k though. I got nothing against the 7K and might own one some day but it was just the way it worked out this time around. I had 3 RF mids/highs amps i was using but I wanna try out these 3 CT SOunds for now like everyone else, lol. Hope that all makes sense.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

sweet man, hopefully ill see u at one of em haha and who are the others that live in mn?

oh man, there are LOTs of people from MN on this site but I will PM you who was at the particular comp I went to

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

If I do a slide in C-pillar wall for ONLY daily listening etc. how important would it be to actually seal it off?

I mean yes, a slide in C-pillar is shit for performance but I cannot fit a row of batteries, 5 amps, and 2 18"s in a box in the rear and still stay behind window line. I NEED to keep my second row of seats, and this vehicle is daily driver. I mean hell, if it's a C-pillar there isn't that much room behind there to hinder performance and I am in no way, shape, or form chasing numbers. I am just trying to fit 2 18" subs with proper electrical.

Am I Nieve to believe sealing wouldn't play that big of a role in the ear o meter?

Thoughts? Opinions?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Unless you are going all out and chasing numbers sealing off a wall is whatever. Once you seal off the wall you will start flexing roofs or windows. There is usually a trade off, and unless you plan on roof mods and stripper poles 2 18"s in a proper sized box is still going to be loud as hell.

well then, I thought I was only 2-3 pages behind but no I was more like 6-7pages behind. lots of changes happened in those pages to. once thing that stayed constant is you trying to keep up quality work.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

well then, I thought I was only 2-3 pages behind but no I was more like 6-7pages behind. lots of changes happened in those pages to. once thing that stayed constant is you trying to keep up quality work.

lol, thanks man. I know the build has been nothing but talk for like months and months. The weather here is holding me back. been below zero 9 times out of 10 for like the last 2 months and before that it wasn't exactly warm either. trying to get some equipment together so in Spring I can go full on. I can't decide what subs I wanna run, and I need to know that before I can build a box, and I need a box design before I can determine amp/battery placement, etc. I am getting antsy to get working on things again though. Doesn't help I've had like 2 days off all year so far, I am hoping by spring I can at least have most weekends off again but who knows. I know this build isn't very extravagant but I wanted to keep things close to stock looking and very simple, it's just the way I like things I guess. Again, sorry this build has been boring for a long time but hopefully in spring I can blow this bitch up with pics. and updates.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I missed it but where did you put the runs of 1/0 to the back?

I'm trying to find a decent spot on my avalache to run through the firewall...

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived