Tahoe 2013/2014/2015 RF, FI, XS, SQ, TM, etc...

Dont copy me,.... im not loud. :(

Im a lil surprised though. Obi had a Aq2200, and it pushed them pretty well. Id expect your seeing even more ??. I dunno.

That said, he has a lot of volume. over 5cf per. Either way, im a lil surprised. But, slap a 3.5k on each, and bare down. ;)

What do you mean? Like from my videos his moved more than mine? In my videos they were basically hooked up, amps set up then I made the videos. Plus with my PCM controlled alt voltage is never above 13.8 but I would assume they were moving pretty much as much as they will on these amps...IDK....I've been known to be wrong many times before, lol

Mine are just shy of 5 cubes net per sub so close there. I am torn, I love these constant power Rockfords but wish they were a 3.5k board, so if I go to a 3.5k board I then lose out on roughly the same power at 2 ohms. dat rise

oh well, good enough for now. Still waiting on gear anyways so meh, fuck it for now, since I can't finish I care very little right now.

Was surprised you? Videos of said 2200 on SP4's? lol

EDIT: I never said but in the videos amps were set with -7.5 tone (Thanks Snowdrifter)

Why -7.5 most music that is rebassed is at -5 and lowest I have seen is -3 you just want to be extra safe?

um, just seemed common as of recently, thought I would try it. Last summer I tried the -5, -10, and 0 that came with the DD-1 but I thought I would try the inbtween ones this summer.

In time I hope to try them all and see how things go.

I am curious what you set your to?

I don't have a Term Lab or a O-scope so it's just Ear-0-meter for me so I have to play it safe till I advance myself down the road.

I appreciate any and all concerns/thoughts on what I am doing, I am still learning and love insight and to be told if I fucked up or not. Thanks

I set mine at -5 so on burps it will still have a small bit of soft clip but when going higher than -5 if you compete, you add another risk of frying your subs especially if you do alot of testing. Sometimes I will do 40 burps in a session and that produces some heat. I have learned to do about 5 and feel the subs and see if they are hot when I set higher than -5 after 5 burps they would be warm after 5 more they were hot.

Since I also do bassrace that is even harder on the subs and above -5 after 30 seconds I would have a smell and warm to the touch. At -5 I can hit at least 3 in a row without too much heat and only smell if I push it past the clipping marks due to a bad start or me being a retard which happens.

I try to play it safe as I can while still being loud 4 18" subs cost too much to just abuse them without getting much more out of them .1-.3 extra db is not worth it to me.

Thanks for the insight! For yesterday evening I retuned to volume 36 and used -10

It was louder but I will definitely go down again for long term.

Tuned to -10 track I wanted to see where it clipped playing a 0 track or whatever and instead of clipping at 37 (36 safe) it clipped at 36 (35 safe) but that is not bass enhanced which would have clipped (err I should be saying distorted) sooner.

I am still just trying all sorts of different things with the equipment I have to try and learn my system inside and out, it's pretty fun. Lots of "if I do this and this then this happens, and if I do this and that then that happens"

This is the fun stage of things...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thanks for the insight! For yesterday evening I retuned to volume 36 and used -10

It was louder but I will definitely go down again for long term.

Tuned to -10 track I wanted to see where it clipped playing a 0 track or whatever and instead of clipping at 37 (36 safe) it clipped at 36 (35 safe) but that is not bass enhanced which would have clipped (err I should be saying distorted) sooner.

I am still just trying all sorts of different things with the equipment I have to try and learn my system inside and out, it's pretty fun. Lots of "if I do this and this then this happens, and if I do this and that then that happens"

This is the fun stage of things...

Wait until you start looking at RCA voltage in at 40hz and see what difference you get by lowering and raising them and resetting gains on the amp. It gets pretty deep.

Wow, doing some tuning today, and I can tell you that 2 sets of RF T3 components and 4 AQ 6.5" 2-ways all amplified and running active (set with DD-1/CC-1) is way more than enough for 2 FI SP4's. (to me anyways) It's fucking loud, all in front stage FYI

Sub amps tuned to -5 tone for a while now. The bass is still loud but the highs/mids are fucking loud no matter how much you wang on the bass.

2 more SP4's and I might add my Super tweets....lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Why didn't you build a amp rack like steave did for his Tahoe? His amps are under the box accept for three I think.

5 aren't under the box.. 2 are under the rear seats and 3 are standing vertically on the amp rack

Karkov doesnt need to do all that haha.. he has the space.

Besides, I like innovation and creativity :shrug:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Wow, doing some tuning today, and I can tell you that 2 sets of RF T3 components and 4 AQ 6.5" 2-ways all amplified and running active (set with DD-1/CC-1) is way more than enough for 2 FI SP4's. (to me anyways) It's fucking loud, all in front stage FYI

Sub amps tuned to -5 tone for a while now. The bass is still loud but the highs/mids are fucking loud no matter how much you wang on the bass.

2 more SP4's and I might add my Super tweets....lol

That means 3 sets of T1's in my truck are gonna be stupid loud and will have no prob keep up with my SP4's :-)

Why didn't you build a amp rack like steave did for his Tahoe? His amps are under the box accept for three I think.

Onr of the coolest things about this hobby is doing your own thing and not copying others

Sub amps tuned to -5 tone. LPF 80 hertz. Gear list in my sig. It's my camera making the crackling sound. Although you can hear the mids/highs in real life, in the video you can't hear them when the bass hits. My camera is shitty.

After driving around slamming for about an hour I pulled over just out of town and shot a few short vids.

EDIT: setup is temporary thus why wires are messy

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Wow that looks nasty! Crazy camera distortion on the third video!

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived