Help setting up new home theatre setup

Out stomp is not an argument, so what do you actually mean? Amplifiers? Processors? Both? What aspects of the products are you talking about and which models are you comparing to which other models?

McIntosh builds a good product and so does Denon. In fact I used to sell Denon along with Parasound. The trouble with Denon though was that they didn't offer component processors so that different amplifiers could be used in different sized cinemas. I don't know what they build now, so I really can't speak to it but I'm sure that since you took the time to pop into this thread, you have some current hands on experience with all of these products and can give us the details?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Double post....

yes ur right denon I don't think their making separate amps and etc but I havnt bought from them in a bit Now McIntosh has been around I wanna say late 40s they have every thing amps eq processors the last system I seen of them there amps were only like 100 watts that's it cus the spakers that were on them were rated at like 4 watts not even joking and these speakers were from Germany anf for ONE tower not the pair was 15k but that's the only bad thing when you buy a receiver you have to buy the amp to and McIntosh is very high dollar. for some reason my fav out of all them is ONKYO I just bought a 7.2 channel its also THX certified my opinion is when buying home theatre stuff only buy THX certified items

[media][/media]

Well, you're correct that McIntosh has been around for a long time but so has Bose. And Bose sells a lot more product than Mac so if we're going on name recognition and time spent in business, the Bose is better than Mac. Of course, we know that's not the case and we know that the longevity of a company is not necessarily indicative of its overall performance.

Parasound is a relatively young company, especially compared to Mac but, their lead engineer and amp designer is John Curl. Curl has is handprints on some of the finest hi end audio equipment projects around, including, but not limited to the world renowned Krell line of amplifiers. Hell, a lot of McIntosh preamp/processor owners who are hardcore audiophiles use Krell amplifiers in their systems.... if they can afford a Krell amp.

So Parasound is young, but they have one of the smartest audio/electrical engineers on the planet designing their amps and heading up their other design teams. And, they have an impeccable reputation among audiophiles as the very best mid priced audio equipment around. I happen to have first hand experience with that consensus, having been to the CES show a number of times and to several CEDIA shows as a Parasound dealer and I always asked other manufacturer's reps what they thought of Parasound's products when I visited their booths and sound rooms. I've also auditioned Parasound's high end stuff in anechoic rooms, alongside brands that cost double and triple the price they do and to be sure, there isn't a cunt hair's difference between the sound of a $3,000.00 Parasound amp and a $5,000.00 Mac or Adcom amp. At least, not in my opinion and I like to think I have a pretty sensitive ear, given that I hear audible differences in tonal quality that most other people cannot detect. But of course, you probably have a golden ear as well, so I was hoping you had some hands on experience to share with us here. Especially given that I've been out of the hi end home audio business for going on 13 years now.

yea bose has another 20 yrs to catch up and the reason bose sells more is cus there cheap id shoot some one that was tryin to sell me a bose system bose is all about saving you space I like all the speakers around the room now the thing that had me going for bose is their the original makers of the 6th and or the 8th order band pass boxes

[media][/media]

Have you priced a Lifestyle system lately? How about a Wave Radio?

Bose is anything but inexpensive. Cheap as in built, I'll concede to but not cheap as in price.

And Bose didn't originate 6th and 8th order alignments. He patented the 8th order alignment.

I just thought it would be nice to use the Qs but I'm completely open. Still just looking around, if there isn't any suggestions to put together a tower I just might some towers from PE

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If your not going to sell the q's no reason not to use them as powered subs.... and the tower building or buying all i can sugest is read reviews ... i have only ever had cerwin vega and my next set if i ever get 5grand still will be cerwin vega excluding sub so i cant offer an opinion on the tower

Klipse and mirage are 2 off the top off my head that are suppose to be really good tower speakers

Archived