Second Skin Audio

Hows it doing bass heads n fellow bass addicts, does anyone have any idea if Sundown discontinued the nightshade line of woofers?? I'm really hell bent on buying some subs and the nightshade's are on my hit list of "must own subs", I have a few friends who are the must see it to believe it type and are so wrapped up in the hype and still think that the kicker L7 and the jl w7 are the best subs in the world and I'm trying to make some believers out of a few of them, I know that the enclosure plays a big role in the subs performance so my plans are to buy a pair of subs from either dc, sundown or skar. still not sure which company i might get with, but if you guys could be willing to help me with advice on which woofers to get, or where I could do a lil more homework, I would really appreciate it and money wise I have about 1500 for the subs if i have to dig a little deeper in my pockets I will, space isnt a major factor I have a van that im trying to get started on so if you guys could help me out and give me some decent info on these subs and companies so I can finally smash these suckers beliefs and finally get them off that bandwagon.

I really don't see how this is a vs. thread, he only stated he is in search of the nightshade subs, and that his friends bandwagon L7's and JL's, and that he is search of more knowledge about other brands. But I may be wrong. You are right sir, enclosure plays a major role in how a subwoofer will sound.

Edit: It's bed time now so I can't really thow much detail out there, I will stop back in sometime tomorrow and give you some info.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yea I read the rules this isnt a vs. Thread im not asking which ones louder or which is better or which one will win over the other im just stating my situation. . .my friends are noobs who think they know it all seen it all heard it all and im just trying to figure out whats going on with the nightshades in the end you never know which is louder untill you buy and build it so thats my goal as of now buy, build and hopefully open sum eyez n ears I just want a lil input from some of the members on which company I should go with. . . Or where I could start doing some homework so I can ultimately get my build started. . .

I'm going sundown. My final goal is 2 x18s on a dc 3.5k. I preordered 1 x18 and the 3.5k. I hear a lot of good stuff about dc (never heard dc subs in person) and my friend has 2 skar vvx 15s although right now they're in a shitty box, but still have a good sound to them, just not loud yet. All three of those brands are good, just get an idea of what you want your build to be and look at different subs and brands and see what fits what you wanna make happen. I knew I wanted cone area, lows and atleast double the power I'm running now (1600 watts) so I saw sundown was coming out with the x series which are daily low end monsters, and figured they're sundown so I can give em more than rated abd dc was having a 15% off presalw and jumped on a 3.5k. It just depends on wbatyou want. Dc, fi, ascendant audio, skar, sundown, american bass, etc are all good, and there's more good ones I didnt list.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Thanks Im really trying to get a build going soon and since alot of these companies are new to me I really dont now what they have to offer I know that ppl that own nightshades are extremely satasfied with their subs but since idk whats going on with them at the moment I have to keep looking and try taking a look at a few other subs I was running L7's but they just arent cutting it anymore.

How much power are you looking to put to these woofers? The NSv2s are out of stock so you will only be able to buy used. NSv3s are due out sometime this year, but I'm not exactly sure when. You may want to look into the Zv4s

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

Im actually open to buying some subs from dc but im not sure which ones to go with havent done too much homework on their subs but I hear they make some monster subs. . . Thats another reason I didnt buy the Z's from sundown beacause I didnt wanna end up buying them and then see the nightshades get released that wouldve just made feel like I shouldve waited im really anxious about the build but good things come to those who wait and I just dont wanna jump into something do it fast n half ass and hate it I wanna get as much positive or negative feedback from the community .

Archived