Do we even need high end decks anymore?

That ISF isn't missing any dynamics I'd bet money on that after hearing the day I let go by stone sour in that car.. It's absolutely perfect

As matter of fact, I am so impressed with it, it is how I will do the next install for myself sometime in the near future.

Please fill me in here guys ... Is this "ISF" (is there any way you guys can post a link to the specs to this machine ??) thing we are talking about here connected directly (hard line) connected to the 3sisty.3 or going through the source unit (hard line) or using bluetooth (wireless) ???

Please understand here guys ... I'm not disagreing with you in any way here, just learning more about today's technology.

If the wireless category is getting better, I will be GLAD to look further into it !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Steve said exactly what he was doing in the ISF,

iPad mini streaming spotify 320k via Bluetooth directly to the 360.3.

Honestly its one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard.

Steve said exactly what he was doing in the ISF,

iPad mini streaming spotify 320k via Bluetooth directly to the 360.3.

Honestly its one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard.

OK man ... Thanks !!! I stand corrected ...

But please keep in mind, you are talking about a car's system that was Fully CUSTOM and PROFESSIONALLY built by a guy that owns his own stereo shop, sponsored by many manufacturers, and does this kind of work on a daily basis ... We all know this and He said so himself ...

Then again, i have some decent time invested in properly tuning it all.

I'm talking more about the vast average systems built today ... If everyone had the time, money, and means to put a system like Steve has in his Lexus, things would be VERY different ... but we don't. But definately gives us something to work towards !!! One day I will get chance to see and listen to some of Steve's work ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 1 month later...

I think the question really is do you want features vs. sound quality. Most of the sources people mention are very feature heavy but have low voltage and very bad DACs in them so they will suffer in SQ. Remember most of tablets and IPODs were really designed to use a head phone out so SQ was certainly not a priority. If you have ever been in a system and done an A/b comparison of decks, you can hear the difference between head units so I am sure you would certainly hear the difference going to a tablet or iphone vs a quality head unit. There are still a lot of home audio guys that wont touch ipods because of the Sq difference and you even see home audio preamps now that will bypass the internal DAC of an ipod and use a quality one. For the average guy on the street, we may not ever notice the sound difference, but just be aware it certainly proven to be there. There was a super high end shop here locally that let you hear a system using an IPOD then they flip back to CD source. Mind you this was a 50k home system, but you could hear the drop off and change when they went to IPOD. You could really hear the change on the highs because they werent as crisp and seemed muted compared the CD.

Im an old school head unit guy. I give up BT and being able to stream audio so I can have a better sounding deck. I run my decks through a processor so I can get stuff like T/A and Xovers. I have an IPOD and use it, but if I really want to hear my music, I pull out the disc. Like I said, a regual guy with a regual non comp system will probably never notice the difference.

its all about space vinyl records sound better than cassettes wich sound better than cd's. everything else sounds like shit basically.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

My next head unit is gonna be the Pioneer DEX-P99RS.....for in my room haha....I run alpine decks in my vehicles 8)

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

• 3 weeks later...

what if you use a usb sound card like sound blaster. I think if this would work on a tablet I think we would get the best of both worlds. On the sound blaster usb sound card I have you can set up so much.

Check it out!

Will sound cards work on tablets IDK. interesting though

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

Its a cool idea maybe in the future when drivers and programs become more tablet friendly.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Ha Ha! I just found out that you can use a usb sound card on a windows tablet. I can use my sound blaster usb sound card as a pre amp and also etc features. I think this is a gr8 idea as we could now trouble shout and add new features to a older car. Plus the sound card has 5.1 and a optical out. So in this case I don't have to buy a expensive Hu to use as a pre amp or a bit ten or 3 sixty for the features I want, plus a slick volume nob and push to mute. hide this slick sound card behind interior some where and it looks oem.

Less money better sound

tablet:$200-$800 based on choice

sound card : less then $120.

i prefer a good HU with my ipod hooked up via USB, cause you dont have to tweak the volume of the ipod AND the deck, like a 3.5 aux cable will make you do, and i think it sounds way better. and a better HU will make an amp perform way better too. IMO.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

i prefer a good HU with my ipod hooked up via USB, cause you dont have to tweak the volume of the ipod AND the deck, like a 3.5 aux cable will make you do, and i think it sounds way better. and a better HU will make an amp perform way better too. IMO.

I think you missed the point. The tablet will be your storage device (ipod) and your sound card controls the volume output for the whole system. all you have to do is set up the master volume on your sound card and you will never have to set it. You also have a compressor limiter on the input and out put. I think you should check out the sound blaster pro usb audio device. Plus if you have a external hard drive on your router and you have internet service on the tablet. You can stream every thing on the hd at home to your tablet this way you can save on storage on the tablet. You can also store info to your external hd from your tablet. So all your media share files at home you can play on your tablet with no issue.

Archived