Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

No worries man.

the law is the law and there isn't to much open for interpretation on this one.

the long and short:

--- In 2005 law goes into effect which allowed police officers to pull you over if teh sound system was "plainly audible" from 25 feet away. Exempt were bussiness who were advertising and political speeches

--- In Dec 2012 the supreme court said that was not a fair way of doing it and it was not right to say these people can make noise but not these. Law overturned. Everyone can make noise.

--- Mar 2013 new law is introduced into the a bill to try and get the old law reinstated, FAIL everyone can still make noise.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

I don't understand. This guy did nothing wrong. Yeah the cop did him a favor but he had every right to inform the officer that he cannot be detained for loud music. Just because he's a cop doesn't mean you have to brown nose.

Yeah, he could knit pick the shit out of you, but OP, that's all the more reason to not break the law with things such as tint etc.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Posted

I don't understand. This guy did nothing wrong. Yeah the cop did him a favor but he had every right to inform the officer that he cannot be detained for loud music. Just because he's a cop doesn't mean you have to brown nose.

Yeah, he could knit pick the shit out of you, but OP, that's all the more reason to not break the law with things such as tint etc.

You are 110% correct. The OP did nothing wrong. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse and is a two way street that sometimes police officers are guilty of. The law changed in Dec 2012, not to long ago. maybe the police officer had no clue, again NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING YOUR JOB.

But here's the flip side to that. Why did the OP not inform the officer of this when he was pulled over instead of waiting till after the warning was issued?

Cop: Licsnce and registration

Douchebag; Here you go officer. What exactly did I do wrong?

Cop: i could hear your radio from way over there.

Douchebag: I'm sorry oficer, i was under the impression that the Fla Supreme Court overturned that law. Am i wrong?

this is just one of the many ways to correctly question a cop.

What we have in this thread is a two prong issue.

1) Was the officer within his authority to make the stop?

--- NO, he was not if the only reason for the stop was the music. As we know on the internet we only get the portion of the story someone wants us to hear. Is this the whole story, who knows. But base on the information given it is what it is and the cop was wrong.

2) Was the Op a douche bag in his handling of the situation?

--- This is open for opinion and discussion while the above issue is not.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

2) Was the Op a douche bag in his handling of the situation?

--- This is open for opinion and discussion while the above issue is not.

Pretty much.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Posted

"sir in my understanding the Florida state supreme court ruled and the outcome was that an individual can not be stopped detained or given a ticket for their car's stereo."

I would have told you to show me and the judge that ruling in court after i found every other thing to ticket you with after having opened your mouth after I threw you a bone.

And please, give me a link to that ruling, I'd love to see how the SC has time to hear litigation on car audio in FL.

News stories on the matter from December of 2012:

https://www.google.com/#rlz=1C2PRFC_enUS539US539&sclient=psy-ab&q=Florida+supreme+court+rules+on+loud+stereos&oq=Florida+supreme+court+rules+on+loud+stereos&gs_l=hp.3...1040.12681.0.13225.51.35.4.12.12.0.170.3076.27j8.35.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.psy-ab.q7L7K8530e0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.eWU&fp=922e862274675230&biw=1920&bih=965

Abstract of the Supreme Court's ruling:

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/pub_info/summaries/briefs/11/11-1166/Filed_09-12-2011_Answer_Brief.pdf

If there is no victim, there is no crime. If a cop harasses an individual for being more informed of the law than he, that cop has created a victim and thus, is a criminal.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

"sir in my understanding the Florida state supreme court ruled and the outcome was that an individual can not be stopped detained or given a ticket for their car's stereo."

I would have told you to show me and the judge that ruling in court after i found every other thing to ticket you with after having opened your mouth after I threw you a bone.

And please, give me a link to that ruling, I'd love to see how the SC has time to hear litigation on car audio in FL.

News stories on the matter from December of 2012:

https://www.google.com/#rlz=1C2PRFC_enUS539US539&sclient=psy-ab&q=Florida+supreme+court+rules+on+loud+stereos&oq=Florida+supreme+court+rules+on+loud+stereos&gs_l=hp.3...1040.12681.0.13225.51.35.4.12.12.0.170.3076.27j8.35.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.psy-ab.q7L7K8530e0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.eWU&fp=922e862274675230&biw=1920&bih=965

Abstract of the Supreme Court's ruling:

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/pub_info/summaries/briefs/11/11-1166/Filed_09-12-2011_Answer_Brief.pdf

If there is no victim, there is no crime. If a cop harasses an individual for being more informed of the law than he, that cop has created a victim and thus, is a criminal.

look up, we already covered that. as a matter of fact I outed myself

timeline_of_history_you_are_here_zps354a

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

"sir in my understanding the Florida state supreme court ruled and the outcome was that an individual can not be stopped detained or given a ticket for their car's stereo."

I would have told you to show me and the judge that ruling in court after i found every other thing to ticket you with after having opened your mouth after I threw you a bone.

And please, give me a link to that ruling, I'd love to see how the SC has time to hear litigation on car audio in FL.

News stories on the matter from December of 2012:

https://www.google.com/#rlz=1C2PRFC_enUS539US539&sclient=psy-ab&q=Florida+supreme+court+rules+on+loud+stereos&oq=Florida+supreme+court+rules+on+loud+stereos&gs_l=hp.3...1040.12681.0.13225.51.35.4.12.12.0.170.3076.27j8.35.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.psy-ab.q7L7K8530e0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.eWU&fp=922e862274675230&biw=1920&bih=965

Abstract of the Supreme Court's ruling:

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/pub_info/summaries/briefs/11/11-1166/Filed_09-12-2011_Answer_Brief.pdf

If there is no victim, there is no crime. If a cop harasses an individual for being more informed of the law than he, that cop has created a victim and thus, is a criminal.

look up, we already covered that. as a matter of fact I outed myself

timeline_of_history_you_are_here_zps354a

I noticed that when I posted. Those posts took place while I was reading the articles and the ruling and I didn't pop back in to check the thread before I hit submit.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

No worries man, we are here to have fun 1st and everything else 2nd.

No hang on, Fun 1st, Car audio 2nd, everything else 3rd

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

shit my friend got pulled over from the stock system in his 2010 civic SI

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

I agree with those who are saying that you shouldn't bump loud at a red light. Everybody there is forced to sit next to you and listen to your music. At least have some courtesy and turn it down when other people are trapped next to you and at least wait until you're actually moving to turn it back up.

I sat at a red light next to some asshole earlier bumping his telemundo radio or whatever you want to call it (not meant to be racist, just meant to show that not everybody is going to appreciate your taste in music). Annoying as shit. He only turned it down when he saw that I was looking at him and laughing as he noticed the wall behind my head (which no I didn't even turn up to drown his out, that's still disrespectful).

A lot of people wonder why we have such a bad name and why people want to shut down 'boom cars' and it's people like OP. Feeling accomplished because you were able to bump at a red light and annoy everybody else?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7673 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...