Sonic Electronix

I have 2 zx2500's but the birth sheets are more then 200 watts apart and Ill be pushing them each to their limits really

'03 Cavalier LS Coup

DC Power 270xp alt

2 Sundown Neo Pro 8's

2 Selenium ST200 tweeters

1 Sundown SAX-125.2

1 CT Sounds 125.2

2 Fi Bl 18's walled

1 CT Sounds AT7000.1D

how can polarity be a problem if 1 sub is in and each sub has its own chamber? unless I misread

On dvc subs you can have one coil in phase the other out of phase an it will heat that sub up quicker than shit with hardly any output .. Double check your wiring op

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I have 2 zx2500's but the birth sheets are more then 200 watts apart and Ill be pushing them each to their limits really

more than 200 watts? so what?

tune the amps with an oscope/dd1. find which amp has the lower AC voltage output, then lower the gain on the one that has the higher AC voltage output til they match. done.

edit: now knock that center partition out and put bracing. shared airspace > separated.

I'm fairly new to the car audio world, I had just heard that if the amps ran different powers then you should have the subs in seperate chambers, so I guess ill be knocking out that bit and open up the airspace some.

'03 Cavalier LS Coup

DC Power 270xp alt

2 Sundown Neo Pro 8's

2 Selenium ST200 tweeters

1 Sundown SAX-125.2

1 CT Sounds 125.2

2 Fi Bl 18's walled

1 CT Sounds AT7000.1D

Do the pop test with a battery. Both subs should move out. I like to use a car battery, it's most obvious

how can polarity be a problem if 1 sub is in and each sub has its own chamber? unless I misread

On dvc subs you can have one coil in phase the other out of phase an it will heat that sub up quicker than shit with hardly any output .. Double check your wiring op
did not know that

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

If you are runnning an amp with to each sub then you need to gain match. Simply unhook the subs, put a DMM set to ac volts to the speaker terminals and adjust the one with the higher voltage down to match the lower one.

I don't know if the zx2500 is strappable or not, but that is also an option.

Measure your box and post the various dimensions here. sometimes it happens that what you build might have ended up being different than the real results

What IS your voltage like at the amps? Id test that with a DMM.

Also, you need to have those gains set properly on that amp. Get in touch with someone with a DD1 or O-scope. Then if you do the shared chamber box, you need to gain match the amps.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived