Sundown Audio

(solved)for unknown reason orion sub putting amp into protect mode.

Terry Lee

Here... get this and get it on your flash drive... http://mp3skull.com/mp3/40hz.html

DL the 40 hz tone... first one.

EDIT: While I makes me a Crown and Mt Dew....

somehow i misplaced my mini screwdriver, so i cant really unhook my sub atm, can i do this with it hooked up? and if so im ready.

edit, i found the screwdriver right in fronta my face, everythings ready, you do know the connections im working with right?

im setting this up bridged, if that makes a difference idk.

Nope.

Imma go mix me a double now....

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

You got the woofer unhooked?

Turn the meter on, start the 40hz tone with the head unit volume set at 28 and start turning the gain control up slowly while monitoring the voltage reading on the meter. And remember, the MP3 is only 60 seconds long so you can either set it to repeat or keep restarting it.... also keep that in mind if the voltage suddenly drops to zero.

This amp is supposed to produce 760 watts, in which case we would be looking for a voltage reading of 55.7 volts. I don't think the thing will go over 500 and if that's the case, you won't be able to reach 55.7 volts. So, if you reach about 44-45 volts and the voltage stops increasing as you keep turning the gain up, back off below 44 and then raise until you first reach 44 again and then stop.

Whether the max is 44 or 55, that will be the correct gain setting for your set up and whatever bass you get from that setting is it.

Another thing we have to keep in mind is that the amp may go into protection even though there is no load on it. If it does go into protection at, say, 30 volts... then 28 or so will be the max you can raise the gain.

That make sense?

Turn the meter on, start the 40hz tone with the head unit volume set at 28 and start turning the gain control up slowly while monitoring the voltage reading on the meter. And remember, the MP3 is only 60 seconds long so you can either set it to repeat or keep restarting it.... also keep that in mind if the voltage suddenly drops to zero.

This amp is supposed to produce 760 watts, in which case we would be looking for a voltage reading of 55.7 volts. I don't think the thing will go over 500 and if that's the case, you won't be able to reach 55.7 volts. So, if you reach about 44-45 volts and the voltage stops increasing as you keep turning the gain up, back off below 44 and then raise until you first reach 44 again and then stop.

Whether the max is 44 or 55, that will be the correct gain setting for your set up and whatever bass you get from that setting is it.

Another thing we have to keep in mind is that the amp may go into protection even though there is no load on it. If it does go into protection at, say, 30 volts... then 28 or so will be the max you can raise the gain.

That make sense?

yup, ill do that now.

Lemme know what happens. In the meantime I think I'll retire to the indoor office puter.

I'd set the infrasonic (subsonic) filter to about thirty and let it ride bro.

Check back in and let me know how the bass sounds if you can.

Archived